The New Moor Market

The only gripe I have with the council, is that in their conquest to kill the proper end of town, they have failed to extend the tram and improve the bus network to accommodate the move from Castlegate to Moorfoot. It's also sad to see the state of Castlegate at the moment - so depressing and needs some serious TLC.

The Council don't control the tram or bus network. Both are the responsibility of SYPTE.

The Council don't control the tram or bus network. Both are the responsibility of SYPTE.

That is a bit disingenuous.

SYPTE is responsible to the Combined Authority Transport Committee which is made up of elected Councillors.

Guest makapaka

SYPTE is responsible to the Combined Authority Transport Committee which is made up of elected Councillors.

It’s not disingenuous at all - the insinuation is that sheffield city council run the SYPTE which they don’t.

So planner1 is right and you for someone reason are trying to deflect blame on SCC - why are you doing that?

No it isn't.

The committee comprises elected Councillors of all the member authorities, not just Sheffield.

SYPTE are a completely separate organisation from Sheffield Council.

Perhaps not but it they that have removed the mountain from Mohammed.

Perhaps not but it they that have removed the mountain from Mohammed.

doubt it, mountains are the responsibility of the environment agancy

No it isn't.

The committee comprises elected Councillors of all the member authorities, not just Sheffield.

SYPTE are a completely separate organisation from Sheffield Council.

Read again what I posted and stop being disingenuous.

You implied that the transport network has nothing to do with the Council.

That is rubbish.

The Council appoints elected members to the Combined Authority Transport Committee (along with Councillors from other member South Yorkshire authorities) to whom SYPTE are responsible.

Guest makapaka

That is rubbish.

The Council appoints elected members to the Combined Authority Transport Committee (along with Councillors from other member South Yorkshire authorities) to whom SYPTE are responsible.

Along with all the other elected councillors in South Yorkshire.

The sheffield councillors might be involved but to suggest they are in control is disingenuous.

the UK has elected members of the European Parliament - it doesn’t mean we control the European Union.

That is rubbish.

Nope. I said they don't control the public transport network and that is absolutely correct.

SYPTE are responsible for the public transport network.

As has already been pointed out, the Council are represented on governance committees but they do not control them.

I've vote for it been one of the worst with lack of atmosphere

No. Sorry. It is a truly laughable market and in no way qualifies to be considered anywhere near the top 30 markets in the UK, let alone the best of all.