The New Moor Market

Can you name the locations of these 15 PUBLIC toilets ? , the only ones that

I know have stayed open or on the outskirts of Sheffield , Bradfield , Chapletown and Stocksbridge , these were closed and then reopened with funding from local parish councils .

Oh come on lil he posted you the full list of the toilets you insist dont exist.

Oh come on lil he posted you the full list of the toilets you insist dont exist.

This thread is descending into crap:(

Never read anything so stupid in my life. Try opening your eyes more.

No public toilets?

What about all these then..

Angel Street

Exchange Street

The Moor

Birley Moor Road

Bolsterstone

Darnall

Deepcar

Endcliffe Park

Forge Dam

Glen Howe Park

Graves Park

Hillsborough Park

Millhouses Park

Rivelin Valley Park

Whirlow Brook Park

Oh yeah and all these freely accessible through the Council's Community Toilet Scheme....

B&Q, Greenland Road, S9 5HE

Bankers Draft, Market Place, S1 2GH

Benjamin Huntsman, Cambridge Street, S1 4HP

Debenhams, The Moor, S1 3LR

Frog and Parrot, Division Street, S1 4GF

Henry's Bar, Wellington Street S1 4HS

John Lewis, Barkers Pool, S1 1EP

Lifestyle Centre, Beighton, S20 1HE

Lloyds, The Sheffield Waterworks Company, Division Street, S1 4GF

Morrisons, Ecclesfield, S35 9WJ

Morrisons, Meadowhead, S8 7UE

Morrisons, Penistone Road, S6 2GY

Orchard Square, City Centre, S1 2FB

Sheffield Railway Station, Sheaf Square, S1 2BP

SOYO, Rockingham Street, S1 4EB

Swim Inn, Glossop Road, S10 2GW

The Varsity, West Street, S1 4EW

The Wick At Both Ends, West Street, S1 4EW

Sorby House, Spital Hill, S4 7LG

Walkabout, Caver Street, S1 4FS

Yates's, Cambridge Street, S1 4HP

:roll:

I am talking about Council run and funded toilets , the Moor toilets were closed in march at the end of the last financial year , I accept there are a few of the so called super loos around , but they are maintained by the advertising company J C DE CAUX , who use the outside as hoardings . I have never heard of the "Community toilet scheme" , and a lot of the park toilets you have mentioned have long since been boarded up , I can`t speak for them all because I don`t visit them all . I have to say you must have spent some time gathering all these addresses of public houses I have to ask , are you an anorak , an alcoholic or suffer from a weak bladder.;)

Edited by BIGLIL

I am talking about Council run and funded toilets , the Moor toilets were closed in march at the end of the last financial year , I accept there are a few of the so called super loos around , but they are maintained by the advertising company J C DE CAUX , who use the outside as hoardings . I have never heard of the "Community toilet scheme" , and a lot of the park toilets you have mentioned have long since been boarded up , I can`t speak for them all because I don`t visit them all . I have to say you must have spent some time gathering all these addresses of public houses I have to ask , are you an anorak , an alcoholic or suffer from a weak bladder.;)

No its a magic thing called google. "public toilets in sheffield"

Hardly rocket science.

They are all listed on the COUNCIL website so either their list is seriously out of date considering they are all still on there or you are not looking hard enough.

The communty toilet scheme is set up and run as partnership through the COUNCIL and yes, although JC Decaux do operate the superloos they are put in place and paid for by the COUNCIL.

So what more do you want the COUNCIL to be doing?

Why should precious taxpayer monies in the middle of a massive round of cuts be spent on even more council owned council funded council maintained toilets. Its 2014 not 1900.

Every house has a toilet, every bar, restaurant, department store, supermarket, shopping precinct, council office, housing office, transport interchange, office building, public building, town hall, city hall, theatre and cinema in the city centre has tolilets. Toilets are onboard trains, larger buses/coaches and then if you are still that desprate there are pay toilets around every street.

If during the course of the day you never ever pass through any of the above - what the hell are you doing out and about?

Edited by ECCOnoob

No its a magic thing called google. "public toilets in sheffield"

Hardly rocket science.

They are all listed on the COUNCIL website so either their list is seriously out of date considering they are all still on there or you are not looking hard enough.

The communty toilet scheme is set up and run as partnership through the COUNCIL and yes, although JC Decaux do operate the superloos they are put in place and paid for by the COUNCIL.

So what more do you want the COUNCIL to be doing?

Why should precious taxpayer monies in the middle of a massive round of cuts be spent on even more council owned council funded council maintained toilets. Its 2014 not 1900.

Every house has a toilet, every bar, restaurant, department store, supermarket, shopping precinct, council office, housing office, transport interchange, office building, public building, town hall, city hall, theatre and cinema in the city centre has tolilets. Toilets are onboard trains, larger buses/coaches and then if you are still that desprate there are pay toilets around every street.

If during the course of the day you never ever pass through any of the above - what the hell are you doing out and about?

I'm not 100% convinced that Google is a substitute for knowledge. If you post some total crap about the ability of folk to fly if they drink 12 pints someone will pick up on that through google and pretty soon it will be getting flashed up as fact.

I've used the market on numerous occasions in the last month, the first time was purely to kill time while waiting for the town hall to open.

I have to say I was impressed and I've been a couple of times since and also encouraged family members to visit which they have done and again been impressed.

I see the rents are to be reduced at the Moor Market.

After continuous extensions to the rent free period a package of reduced rents is being offered to stall holder. The reson given by the council is their failure to develop the Moor area and bring in the number of shoppers that they envisaged. In that case shouldn't they be offering business rate reductions to all the other shops in the area who also face the same lack of shoppers due to the failure of the redevelopment plans?

I remember when the Moor was bustling! Especially on saturdays. Loads of shops, loads of people loads of fun. What moron screwed it up in the first place???

shouldn't they be offering business rate reductions to all the other shops in the area who also face the same lack of shoppers due to the failure of the redevelopment plans?

Don't they want the rest of them out so the entire area can be flattened and redeveloped.

---------- Post added 12-08-2014 at 13:58 ----------

I remember when the Moor was bustling! Especially on saturdays. Loads of shops, loads of people loads of fun. What moron screwed it up in the first place???

Morons :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That'd be the ones who let it get all run down and scabby in the first place.

and the Div's who built that massive monstrosity that is/was the manpower building - a brilliant way to make the entire area look cheap and nasty.

It'll take time to get back on its feet.

Alot of empty properties need filling and with a new cinema complex and phase 3 it will be a nice little place to shop.

You cant blame the council. You gotta blame Sheffield'ers for not changing their shopping habits

You cant blame the council. You gotta blame Sheffield'ers for not changing their shopping habits

I thought they did. That's the problem. I don't think folk stopped shopping. They just stopped shopping in Sheffield city centre.

Has it got the transport links the old market had though??

I seem to remember the street outside the old market was always rammed with buses, there was two tram stops within spitting distance and the bus and train station were only a short walk.