The New Moor Market

Probably old news, but I did notice the demolition work had gone into the building that fronts charter row. For some reason as they hadnt previously touched that, then I thought it might survive.

Yeah, it's always been the whole block to go. They stopped once because of some utilities being disconnected I think? They're pausing again I think as they need a road closure in order to demolish the side of the building directly fronting Charter Row.

oooooh is there going to be a cinema built on the moor? I didn't know that!

Ooooh that's so exciting, I will definately use that :clap:- I've always found Centertainment is a nightmare for parking and so far out that you can't have a glass of wine or anything then, either!

oooooh is there going to be a cinema built on the moor? I didn't know that!

Ooooh that's so exciting, I will definately use that :clap:- I've always found Centertainment is a nightmare for parking and so far out that you can't have a glass of wine or anything then, either!

A cinema group whose radical new approach has wowed audiences in Europe is to run the new cinema to be built on The Moor. The nine-screen Light Cinema will open by early 2016 as part of a retail and leisure development that will include a Primark, four additional shops, and seven restaurants alongside the current Debenhams store.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/sheffield-moor-sees-the-light-1-6419346

Edited by BEDROCK

Hi was just wondering if enybody knows if they sell cheap trainers in market! Like nike shox , nike tn's

They've just opened a Sports Direct at the old TJ Hughes

I notice Crawshaws are now opening a shop opposite the new market. I wonder if they've decided that the competition inside was too much or whether they'll just get more footfall on The Moor itself rather than hidden away.

Any updates as to new stalls being set up, or current ones closing down.

I notice Crawshaws are now opening a shop opposite the new market. I wonder if they've decided that the competition inside was too much or whether they'll just get more footfall on The Moor itself rather than hidden away.

It's a nice looking shop and very classy, bang next to Subway :hihi:

It's a nice looking shop and very classy, bang next to Subway :hihi:

It's been rammed whenever I've been passing. A lot busier than the inside market stall.

It's been rammed whenever I've been passing. A lot busier than the inside market stall.

I think they have opened this shop as a contingency plan when the market rents go full price as to stay in business.

They are keeping both, but im surprised they just dont leave the market and focus on the shop. Obviously have no idea about the £ they are or are not making in the market.

They are keeping both, but im surprised they just dont leave the market and focus on the shop. Obviously have no idea about the £ they are or are not making in the market.

It sounds like a plan to me. Stay in the market whilst the rent is free but have another shop ready for when it isn't. In the meantime they can build up trade at the new shop and even advertise it for free in the market. I doubt they would announce to the council if they planned to leave once the freebies stopped.