The New Moor Market

Just like Dan i was surprised with it only been on one level and how small many of the stalls was. To me the new market seems like the same size has walking around the fish market level of the castle market.

I thought it was going be different levels with different fresh and meat foods, a level for clothes ect and a level for café's and drinking, Just like many shops have more then one level on the moor. I have been in the castle market at busy times, but you could still jump in or look at what was been sold on the stalls without been pushed about.

Today yes it was busy has it was the first day, but then looking around it dint seem any less people like i would see in the castle market, it just looked busy with it been smaller. But i could not really look at the stalls without people pushing you about and the stalls been smaller. Nice to see some of the old traders in the new market, but i was not impressed with the cafe/eating area. Before in my dinner break i could go to our favourite cafe and sit down, or if it was at busy times you could easy find another cafe and sit and eat. the new market seem not much option on the food or space to sit down inside has the seating was one space for all of the eating stalls. We ended up at the £1 bakery for a sandwich outside the market for our dinner break. But i did manage to buy something from the market, a box of eggs for £1 on the way out.

I may try the market again when the newness of it all has died down a bit, but i know i will not be shopping regular at the new market like i did before. It was nice to see the police walking about, i do not know if the police will be about all of the time, has you only ever seen them when trouble flair up at the castle market.

Just been down to see the market, we currently have a large ladies and gents salon in crystal peaks market which is of a very gud standard . It suprises me that alot of units were vacant seen as we applied and got a reply to say we didnt meet the standards and the place was 100% capacity . Some stalls do look great and u can tell they have realli made an impression to look gud and there the ones that are probably init for the long term after the 6 months free rent is up ! There are some stalls that just look like they have thrown it together! Just didnt have the same feel as crystal peaks market for me i dont kno whether i am quick to judge but i suppose weve been in crystal peaks since 2003 so we know it like back of our hand and all the traders av been there years like us !! Nice new market but think it was for the best we didnt go in as they say everythings appens for a reason !

Just been down to see the market, we currently have a large ladies and gents salon in crystal peaks market which is of a very gud standard . It suprises me that alot of units were vacant seen as we applied and got a reply to say we didnt meet the standards and the place was 100% capacity . Some stalls do look great and u can tell they have realli made an impression to look gud and there the ones that are probably init for the long term after the 6 months free rent is up ! There are some stalls that just look like they have thrown it together! Just didnt have the same feel as crystal peaks market for me i dont kno whether i am quick to judge but i suppose weve been in crystal peaks since 2003 so we know it like back of our hand and all the traders av been there years like us !! Nice new market but think it was for the best we didnt go in as they say everythings appens for a reason !

Maybe they noticed the poor grammar in the application you completed...

When into the New Market Today,an the most Popular area was the Cafe area,it was well Full Today,we seem to have lost some stalls from Castle Market,i Thought it would be Bigger inside,as TJ Hughes as Two tiers,Poundland looked alot Bigger an Busier,some stalls were empty as well,but its early days,just hope now they Keep this Market Cleaner an Look after better than they did with the Castle Market

Maybe they noticed the poor grammar in the application you completed...

Who made you the grammar police? At least the poster contributed something interesting and on the subject.

Placebo I spotted a few that I'd be amazed if they make it. One will be a shame if they do not because they havent done enough research imo. One was quite large and a bit bemused why they needed a double unit. Ut doesnt have the size to be a great meat and fish market with amazing variety etc.

What I hope will happen is new good quality stalls will move in like artisan bakers, deli, ethnic foods etc and some of the tat falls by the way side. If they can create a hub of shops youd like to go to, then it stands a chance. See what its like in six months time.

Been in today with my other half.. we are genuinely delighted with the place and would return.

It's very spacious, lots to choose from, Yee Kwan was in there today and I have to say 'delish' ice cream, and we also enjoyed the Polish Bakery no end.

There is an information kiosk/security desk in the middle of the place which I'm sure, will sort out any bother if it happens.

The floors were a bit dirty though already which was a bit of a shame but it's nice and light and modern which we've needed for a while.

I'd like to see a lot of cleaners doing the job throughout the day + a lot more bins, places to put food trays which is greatly needed.

Great start and good to see the Moor area buzzing already as well thanks to the new Poundland, TJ Hughes, Subway and Iceland (opening tomorrow we hear)

Something I'd like to comment on if I may - and that's how run down and dismal the area the Castle Market has found itself in.

We went today, for the first time in years to see what was left outside.. and I have to say, the 'We are NOT moving down to the Moor' signs in the shop windows AND on the stalls outside are not only childish but off putting at best. I'll be rather happy when the mob outside, looking rather lazy if I may say, are moved on and replaced with something 'nicer' for the area.

It genuinely looks dark and depressing and not somewhere I'd like to shop in (the Castle Market area) and the sooner it's cleaned up, the better for me.

I agree with all of this and would also like to add that as well as going in the new market I walked up the Moor and down fargate and everywhere was packed as far as primark. Whether it lasts or not for the time being at least the whole area has a positive feel about it. Further on Wilkos and the remaining shops around there seemed to be same as usual. Went in Wilkos and the bargain shop and there were plenty of customers. I do think though that any of the old market traders who haven't moved to the new market have in the short term at least missed a trick as it was thronging down there today with queues at many of the stalls. I havn't seen that many people down there since the 70's.

Wassamadda1 says"same crappy stalls same crappy punters". One can only assume from comments of that negative nature that you are a snob of the highest order or are making an exremely poor attempt at a wind up.I was down there today with my wife for a look round and didnt come accross too many "crappy punters".One can only think that your shopping outings take in Harrods, Selfridges, Harvey Nicks and the Burlington arcade.

I think we are thinking of the same one in particular (the double unit)

I'll take bets on if they are still there in 6 months time :D

With you all the way on the other choices.

It took me some time to realise what they were selling. Perhaps they have more stock coming? Dunno if everyone gets a free rent period if so perhaps they are there just to enjoy that. Its not as though the shop was overwhelmed with merchandise.

As for Castle area, then Wilko the Co Op, Jack Fultons amd B&M are the hardcore down there and will survive. Wilko has the Post Office. Sponer they knock the old market down the better, get some light and some street lighting in there.

Edited by 999tigger

There were notices on some of the vacant units stating who was moving into them and when over the next few weeks. If you are the same salon in the peaks as I think you are though I am surprised that they didn't let you have a stall although I suppose it may be 100% capacity with some of the stallholders yet to move in.

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 17:19 ----------

I'll be going some time this week, I am disappointed to hear there are apparently no good cheese stalls/artisan bakers etc. but maybe that will come over time. I think there is a market for it (pun intended).

I hope it goes well, I know someone who has invested in one of the food stalls and he deserves the best.

Go and have a look for yourself I think it's good. Some of the usual negative about everything people have been posting already and I doubt that some of them have even been.

Who made you the grammar police? At least the poster contributed something interesting and on the subject.

I'm like a PCSO, it's voluntary. But I hope to become a fully fledged Grammar Officer once I complete the grueling test, (learn my ABC). :)

I'm like a PCSO, it's voluntary. But I hope to become a fully fledged Grammar Officer once I complete the grueling test, (learn my ABC). :)

Poor form by you. If you want to pick on someone then pick on me next time. Some peoples grammar isn't good, but that can be for a number of reasons. At least they contributed.

Edited by 999tigger

Been in today with my other half.. we are genuinely delighted with the place and would return.

It's very spacious, lots to choose from, Yee Kwan was in there today and I have to say 'delish' ice cream, and we also enjoyed the Polish Bakery no end.

There is an information kiosk/security desk in the middle of the place which I'm sure, will sort out any bother if it happens.

The floors were a bit dirty though already which was a bit of a shame but it's nice and light and modern which we've needed for a while.

I'd like to see a lot of cleaners doing the job throughout the day + a lot more bins, places to put food trays which is greatly needed.

Great start and good to see the Moor area buzzing already as well thanks to the new Poundland, TJ Hughes, Subway and Iceland (opening tomorrow we hear)

Something I'd like to comment on if I may - and that's how run down and dismal the area the Castle Market has found itself in.

We went today, for the first time in years to see what was left outside.. and I have to say, the 'We are NOT moving down to the Moor' signs in the shop windows AND on the stalls outside are not only childish but off putting at best. I'll be rather happy when the mob outside, looking rather lazy if I may say, are moved on and replaced with something 'nicer' for the area.

It genuinely looks dark and depressing and not somewhere I'd like to shop in (the Castle Market area) and the sooner it's cleaned up, the better for me.

Can I ask please, why is it childish? they are expressing an opinion & doing so via their windows. Lots of the market people haven't gone to the Moor, I'd love to know how someone looks lazy BTW, is there a special way they stand.

My understanding of lazy is they never get off their arses, so they have so not lazy by definition.