Visit to London, Gay/lesbian bars??

Hi - I'm travelling down to London for my 19th birthday this coming weekend with a friend and staying with another friend. The three of us are obviously going to go out to a bar/clubbing and being bisexual, I really want to check out the London Scene. My two friends are straight so I was wondering where the best places might be for us to go that's fairly cheap and where they'll feel comfortable as well. Hopefully we'll be going on the Saturday night so... Where's good?

I think you're going to find a better answer asking Londoners online rather than on Sheffield Forum.

Thank you I couldn't find like the London version of this so that's very helpful. ^_^

Spend some time in the Soho area (around Dean Street, Frith Street) as this is the GLBT area in London. Lots of small bars and cafes where everybody mixes so your friends shouldn't feel uncomfortable. Also some decent restaurants in the vicinity but I'm not sure about clubs. Ask the locals when you arrive (or bar staff/waiting staff) and I'm sure you'll be pointed in the right direction.

Soho 100%, me and the missus went on a night out there a couple of years ago and it's brilliant...

There is a big nightclub there called G.A.Y Believe it or not, go in there lol.

Yep go to Soho, it is a great area for straight and gay alike, really laid back and some great cocktail bars. Some interesting shops too :D

^^^^^^ Old Compton Street particuarly. You cant miss it as its full of rainbow flags. Its a ace night out round there.

Kings Arms is ace! Full of big hairy men esp on a weekend night. Yippee :love:

Hi - I'm travelling down to London for my 19th birthday this coming weekend with a friend and staying with another friend. The three of us are obviously going to go out to a bar/clubbing and being bisexual, I really want to check out the London Scene. My two friends are straight so I was wondering where the best places might be for us to go that's fairly cheap and where they'll feel comfortable as well. Hopefully we'll be going on the Saturday night so... Where's good?
go to trade nightclub if you like your house music, been going there for 15 years now,amazing sound with speakers under the floor and everyones proper friendly. big name djs on every week aswell

Ended up going to Candy Bar for their night called Monster. From reviews and photos and such it looked like a good night, but I was a bit disappointed.

It was expensive (but duh, London is) and once we got downstairs we found the music to be far too loud (even for a club), the dj booth seemed unorganised as at one point the music completely cut out and no one was dancing. People were stops around talking and moving slightly, not the kind of club experience I thought the would be.

It seemed like more of a place you'd go on a date maybe then on a night out.