Angola Bans Islam

Even in countries where Christianity is outlawed or sevely restricted, they don't have a problem with Christian terrorists blowing people up, so I think claiming one automatically leads to the other isn't necessarily true.

I didn't claim anything about blowing people up did I?

I didn't claim anything about blowing people up did I?

Fair enough, what do you think the counter reaction will be then?

Maybe the Muslims will just peacefully carry on trying to worhsip wherever they can in private.

Brilliant idea! Let's all be like Angola! It's been ten whole years since their last bloody civil war, they're obviously eager to start another.

Fair enough, what do you think the counter reaction will be then?

Maybe the Muslims will just peacefully carry on trying to worhsip wherever they can in private.

If we have a look at the suppression of Catholics in this and other Northern European countries then that is precisely what will happen. In the mean-time the non-muslims will have a reason to stitch their neighbours up to the rozzers if they don't like them, can't be a healthy situation.

The government could let things slip, similarly to what the communists in China and Russia did, in which case it is more of a suppression in words, not necessarily deeds, although even in that case houses of worship (orthodox/christian/muslim) were frequently the target of corruption.

What a remarkably foolish thing to say.

Even if it were 'vile, brutal and violent' you can't 'eradicate' how people think.

In 1984 you could;)

What a remarkably foolish thing to say.

Even if it were 'vile, brutal and violent' you can't 'eradicate' how people think.

Countries can and do legislate to outlaw certain views and beliefs. Holocaust denial in much of Europe is a good example.

Countries can and do legislate to outlaw certain views and beliefs. Holocaust denial in much of Europe is a good example.

It is the expression of the beliefs that is illegal under holocaust denial laws, rather like the way expressions of false and harmful beliefs against an individual are prohibited under laws around slander.

What he says...

It is the expression of the beliefs that is illegal under holocaust denial laws, rather like the way expressions of false and harmful beliefs against an individual are prohibited under laws around slander.

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 19:45 ----------

In 1984 you could;)

A stark reminder of what our 'future' will look like..and not a Muslim in sight ;)

What he says...

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 19:45 ----------

A stark reminder of what our 'future' will look like..and not a Muslim in sight ;)

Ah, I see, so it would be OK to ban all public manifestations of Islam?

Islamic countries also ban alcohol and most countries ban polygamy. The population of those countries seem to accept it.

Ah, I see, so it would be OK to ban all public manifestations of Islam?

:huh:

To describe that as a leap of logic doesn't really do it justice... :hihi:

My lord some of the Islamophobia on this post makes me gag, any civil rational human being can accept it's totally abhorrent to ban Islam or any religion for that matter.