Help with cinema please!

I want to go (with G/F) to see 'Gravity' tomorrow. Obviously the 3D version is the best one, preferably IMAX.

To this end, I've just phoned up Cineworld to see if their version is in IMAX, only to have a very one sided argument with a moronic speech recognition idiotbot who charges you 20p per minute just for him/it to say 'I'm sorry ... I didn't quite catch that, can you say it again please?'

Having wasted a quid, and five minutes of my life, I told him/it to sod off ... 'I'm sorry ... I didn't quite catch that, can you say it again please?' :gag::mad::loopy:

So ... does anyone know if Cineworld are still showing 'Gravity' in IMAX, or am I better off just going to the Odeon (which is closer) and watching it in 3D?

They've stopped playing it in imax now (although its still showing in 3d). The imax screen is being used for the new 'Hunger Games' film.

They've stopped playing it in imax now (although its still showing in 3d). The imax screen is being used for the new 'Hunger Games' film.

Thanks! ... I'll take G/F and soft drinks/peanuts to the Odeon instead then ... I'm not paying extra just to keep a voice recognition robot in a full time job, especially when it can't recognise a voice. Its/his girlfriend's most probably one of the idiotic self-service checkout machines at Tesco. ;)

Why don't you check via the Cineworld website?

I did do before I phoned their voice recognition non-recogniser ... their website doesn't say wether it's in IMAX or just 3D. Not being a regular cinema goer, I wanted to check.

I did do before I phoned their voice recognition non-recogniser ... their website doesn't say wether it's in IMAX or just 3D. Not being a regular cinema goer, I wanted to check.

Strange, I use the website all the time and the IMAX showings are perfectly clear.

Strange, I use the website all the time and the IMAX showings are perfectly clear.

Read post #5 (the one you've just quoted) :)

Website couldn't be clearer:

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/whatson?cinema=54

Gravity (12A)

Release date:

8th November 2013

Running time:

91 mins

Synopsis:

Sandra Bullock and George Clooney are cast adrift in space in this intense sci-fi thriller - Amazing in 3D!

Available screening types

2D 3D

Find out more

Give it a week or two and it'll be on in the best cinema in the country - Penistone Paramount.

Website couldn't be clearer:

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/whatson?cinema=54

Gravity (12A)

Release date:

8th November 2013

Running time:

91 mins

Synopsis:

Sandra Bullock and George Clooney are cast adrift in space in this intense sci-fi thriller - Amazing in 3D!

Available screening types

2D 3D

Find out more

Yes I know ... I've seen that website.

However, a friend of mine said he'd been to see 'Gravity' a few weeks ago at Cineworld and said that the IMAX was brilliant. When I looked on the above website, there was no mention of it being in IMAX.

This, as explained in my first post, was my reason for phoning Cineworld ... to see wether it was or wasn't.

It was impossible to have a conversation with a voice recognition machine as (as yet) machines are incapable of sentient thought ... hence, asking on here, where my question was answered almost immediately.

Thankfully, I now don't have to trail practically all the way to the godforsaken Meadowhall place to watch it ... the Odeon is nearer and just as good. Also, there's a half way decent Italian restaurant in Town where we can eat afterward, unlike the fast-food, germ-ridden rubbish establishments I've previously had the displeasure of visiting around Cineworld. :)

I want to go (with G/F) to see 'Gravity' tomorrow. Obviously the 3D version is the best one, preferably IMAX.

To this end, I've just phoned up Cineworld to see if their version is in IMAX, only to have a very one sided argument with a moronic speech recognition idiotbot who charges you 20p per minute just for him/it to say 'I'm sorry ... I didn't quite catch that, can you say it again please?'

Having wasted a quid, and five minutes of my life, I told him/it to sod off ... 'I'm sorry ... I didn't quite catch that, can you say it again please?' :gag::mad::loopy:

So ... does anyone know if Cineworld are still showing 'Gravity' in IMAX, or am I better off just going to the Odeon (which is closer) and watching it in 3D?

C'mon, you're just after a crafty snog with the g/f on the back row :cool: