Anyone interested in removals van share from south yorkshire to London

Hello,

I am moving from Barnsley to London in the next 30 days and I was wondering if anyone from south yorkshire is also doing the same (or is delivering/picking something up within the same route) and would like to share a van? We could share the price which would work out a lot cheaper for both of us.

In terms of space, I'm not taking a lot, just odd pieces of small furniture (like bedside table and a TV stand etc). Main reason I'm hiring a man and a van is to transport my piano to my new flat in London.

I have found some cheap man and van hire, but haven't booked anything as of yet. I am also very flexible with the date of moving my things.

If anyone is interested in sharing a van space please get in touch so we can discuss details :)

Thanks

You should hire your own van it would be much cheaper, and you can leave it in London if it's a national chain.

It's not an attractive option for a local man and van because obviously he has to fund getting back up to SY again.

Another option for you there anyway.

Hi Ninika

Try ringing round all the local removal companies to see if there are any vans off down to London. (I know Avanti removals have regular trips down there)

If they have room your items can go as a part load and it works out better for you (cheaper) and for the company.

We have not got any at the moment tho.

Try this site - it'll give you quotes for carriers who may be going down south anyway -

http://www.shiply.com/

Good luck!

Thanks for all the replies so far. the suggestions have been really helpful!

I've just used this firm to pick up something from London for me and they were really helpful. They go to London every week so should be able to help you

http://www.g-manvansheffield.co.uk/

I am interested if its not too late. I have to get some items from London back up to Sheffield.