Second Hand Toys..

Hello!

We've got a few toys that our kids have used a bit, but they're essentially as new in most cases.

There's a lot of places taking brand new toys for kids at Christmas, and I wondered if there were any charities taking good condition second hand toys to give to kids at Christmas.

Ben

Great idea! A toys.a toy to a young child who dosent care if its in its original wrapping ect.They would be happy to have a toy.

canary, I've got some too, let me know where they can go if anyone gets in touch with you.

You used to be able to donate them to children's hospital not sure if you still can.

Found this to donate toys to childrens hospital if it's any help.

http://www.sheffieldchildrens.nhs.uk/patients-and-parents/charities/play-equipment-donation-guidelines.htm

---------- Post added 25-11-2013 at 00:02 ----------

:blush: Sorry guys i should have read it properly first. They only take new toys :(

South Yorkshire Housing Association on Welington Street at the back of Charter Row (City Centre) have an Xmas drive, to collect toys for needy kids in their refuges, etc. maybe they'd like to be offered them?

There's a children's charity shop in Woodseats, next to Greggs and 2 shops from St Lukes, I believe. They'll take donations like that.

Ideally we want to give them to someone that doesn't have to pay for them in the end - via charity shops, the parent (etc) would have to pay. We give all sorts of other things to charity shops, but in this instance we wanted the "end user" to not actually have to pay, exactly like the "new" toys scheme offered by Hallam FM, just (in this case) for used toys...

South Yorkshire Housing Association on Welington Street at the back of Charter Row (City Centre) have an Xmas drive, to collect toys for needy kids in their refuges, etc. maybe they'd like to be offered them?

ill second this, the refuges will use them in toy rooms or pass them onto families who come into their care who in many cases will be housed there with none of their own personal belongings including their children's toys.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

take it to the auction house and just give the cash raised to charity

What about the children's hospital?