Sign in to follow this  

What's happened to Kwik Save?

well it was open today!

Already a thread about this. Kwik save been bought out and will close on 31st march.

So what do people want to see in its place? Hopefully another supermarket of some sort will move in there otherwise it will be another nail in the coffin of Hillsborough.

I must say personally I think a little Sainsbury's would be good because there isn't one anywhere in the North of the city, unless you count Jackson's by the Star and Garter on St Philip's Road, which is now a sort of Sainsbury's.

I can't see Sainsbury's opening in there - they would want long opening hours and the centre isn't open at night.

Not sure what sort of operator would want the site. The whole centre is pretty grim, dark and uninspiring and a passer-by doesn't know what shops are in there without actually entering. It needs a refurb.

So a chain bookstore for example, or other shops that people might like to see, probably wouldn't want that location. So maybe it'll become a 'Bright House' or similar.

I'd like to see Waitrose opening in the old Kwiksave store but I suspect it will more than likely be a Netto or Aldi.

I'd like to see Waitrose opening in the old Kwiksave store but I suspect it will more than likely be a Netto or Aldi.

Hillsborough's not posh enough for Waitrose mate, and it won't be a Netto or an Aldi cos of the Netto in Catchbar Lane and there's also the Aldi on Halifax Road.

Hillsborough's not posh enough for Waitrose mate, and it won't be a Netto or an Aldi cos of the Netto in Catchbar Lane and there's also the Aldi on Halifax Road.

Where is the Aldi on Halifax Road,I thought it was Lidol?

So maybe it'll become a 'Bright House' or similar.

Bright House has already opened in Morrisons doubt they would open 2 stores that close together!

Correct - Aldi could do well in the Kwik-Save location.

I've heard a whisper that the rates in Hillsborough are too much for the cheaper end of supermarkets, and the better ones won't really be bothered, I shouldn't imagine.

Aldi, Lidl.. Same difference mate, they're both pretty much the same kind of shop.

Aldi, Lidl, Netto - all Scandanavian for s**t!:hihi: :hihi:

The old ones are the oldest......sorry, best.

(Yes I know Lidl is German)

Jim:thumbsup: