Alternative ways to spend Christmas day

I was hoping on Christmas day I could do something different.

Take an early walk through the town centre and collect up all the money,jewellery,phones etc: That's been lost by the drunken masses.

Why do people think they have to do something special on Christmas Day? You can just lounge around all day if you want to.

Why do people think they have to do something special on Christmas Day? You can just lounge around all day if you want to.

Yes you can, me I prefer to spend it with my family and MIL at her house :)

Helping the homeless, watching them have a meal for once, and after they have had their just deserts turfing them back outside in the cold and rain, seeing their expression change from hope to depression, always makes me smile.

Another thing that always can amuse is to talk to the unfortunates about what you have and are going to have while putting 5p in their grubby hands. Make sure you smile as you give it to them, making it seem like a generous present. When they realise they are being insulted, apologise, and ask them if they are willing to sell you their coat for £10 or something that will make them jump at the offer.

It is always best to do this on a very cold, windy and hopefully rainy. You take their clothes and they have some money. You then retreat to your nice warm car, driven by another needy one for a job, and watch they slowly start to shiver. Its pure joy, knowing one is getting the lazy and workshy to do a dance for you, and then using your mobile start the betting with your friends as to the immediate fate of the unfortunate one, who should be getting the most important lesson, that hypothermia can kill, and selling the shirt of ones back in bad weather is not a wise thing to do. If one provides alcohol as well on a cold day, as we all know it lowers ones temperature, then the time on the ambulance can make those bets come in fast and furious.

Helping the homeless, watching them have a meal for once, and after they have had their just deserts turfing them back outside in the cold and rain, seeing their expression change from hope to depression, always makes me smile.

Another thing that always can amuse is to talk to the unfortunates about what you have and are going to have while putting 5p in their grubby hands. Make sure you smile as you give it to them, making it seem like a generous present. When they realise they are being insulted, apologise, and ask them if they are willing to sell you their coat for £10 or something that will make them jump at the offer.

It is always best to do this on a very cold, windy and hopefully rainy. You take their clothes and they have some money. You then retreat to your nice warm car, driven by another needy one for a job, and watch they slowly start to shiver. Its pure joy, knowing one is getting the lazy and workshy to do a dance for you, and then using your mobile start the betting with your friends as to the immediate fate of the unfortunate one, who should be getting the most important lesson, that hypothermia can kill, and selling the shirt of ones back in bad weather is not a wise thing to do. If one provides alcohol as well on a cold day, as we all know it lowers ones temperature, then the time on the ambulance can make those bets come in fast and furious.

It's heartwarming to see the true spirit of Christmas is alive and well!

Our Christmas will be pretty much a non-event this year due to the missus working.

One could always spend Christmas Day on here, the Sheffield Forum website!

I'm sure there'll be plenty of threads dedicated to all things Xmas: the rubbish on telly, questions about how to use left over turkey, competitions about who has eaten the most chocolates etc.

There might even be a thread about Muslims and Christmas, (if we're unlucky) ;)