Winter walk/Themed places..where to go?

Today I would like to get wrapped up and maybe go to a museum or a winter Christmassy themed place or a nice winter walk.

Maybe call for a beer with a log burning fire?

Don't mind driving somewhere then parking up and going round a nice village.

Just stuck for ideas :confused:

chatsworth house has become narnia this christmas..

http://www.chatsworth.org/whats-on/events/the-lion-the-witch-and-the-wardrobe-at-chatsworth

Think today is the last day

I'm trying to find out the prices

Looks quite good :)

---------- Post added 23-11-2013 at 13:07 ----------

http://www.whatsonbakewell.co.uk/bakewell-christmas-weekend

Going to go to bake well next weekend looks fantastic!

Is the Duke wearing a lion costume ?

Sorry for jumping on your thread, but what's wentworth garden centre like this year, does anyone know? Debating taking the kids tomorrow, I want a Christmassy shop and I'm aware there is a grotto and an ice skating rink?

Sorry for jumping on your thread, but what's wentworth garden centre like this year, does anyone know? Debating taking the kids tomorrow, I want a Christmassy shop and I'm aware there is a grotto and an ice skating rink?

Wentworth Garden Centre is always worth a visit at Christmas. Also the Antiques centre and the Rockingham Arms for lunch. I think Father Christmas drives through the village with his reindeer to the Garden Centre, but not sure what time.

Wentworth Garden Centre is always worth a visit at Christmas. Also the Antiques centre and the Rockingham Arms for lunch.

Castleton also looks lovely at this time of year. And there's Carol singing by candlelight in one of the caves.

It's £16 per adult, £10 per child, or £47 for a family ticket for 2 adults and up to 3 children.

47 quid to walk in a few rooms. Yet another Xmas hype turkey.

47 quid to walk in a few rooms. Yet another Xmas hype turkey.

It's not cheap, but at least the money goes to the Duke of Devonshire. :confused: