Found Yorkshire Terrier

Poor little lad some one must be missing him. I didn't think police had any thing to do with stray dog's any more. Another thing i don't understand is he is chipped but not registered i thought when you had a dog chipped your details where put on the chip.

Jan, each microchip has a unique number. When the chip is implanted, a form must be completed and sent to the microchip company with the owners contact details etc in order to register that info to the unique chip number. If the owner failed to do this, only the microchip number will show up which means nothing on its own :(

Thats the thing i was thinking angel22 why was it implanted without any details.

Thats the thing i was thinking angel22 why was it implanted without any details.

I'm not sure. The only dogs I've ever had have been from rescue and the rescue chipped them and sent off the paperwork with my details. Not sure if the owner has to do it themselves if the dog is microchipped at a vets or somewhere else. Maybe they never got round to sending it or maybe it got lost in the post? It does seem a bit strange.

It seems to be a well looked after little dog, someone must be missing him.

Update on the dog, the PC who found him says he is re-homed with a lady at moment and if no owner found she will be keeping him.

Regarding the chip, i was thinking the same once you have your pet chipped your details are sent off, not sure to be honest but that's what i have been told via the PC who found the dog.

Keep sharing and hope the owner is found if not then the dog will have a home, thanks so much to Ladystiletto whom i have tried in vain to contact via message but its saying your not accepting messages now? what a star you are :) x

Edited by candybar
added message

Has the dog been reported as found to the dog pound? just to the Police is not enough, it is the dog pound that people will ring or be told to ring, and the law says that they must be informed.

Also I'm sorry to be a kill joy I really am but only the person that finds the dog can look after him for the holding period, he should not be passed on...that is obviously someones dog I'm sure that they will want him back.

Often the chip papers go missing and are not registered, the owner probably has no idea :( the same actually happened to me once, the vet forgot to send off the paperwork.

Sorry to put a downer on things, I just want the owner to be able to find their dog and for lovely people with the best of intentions not to get into trouble.

Moonbird is right about informing the dog pound.

I've posted onto my facebook about him to hopefully spread the word.

The dog looks to have been recently clipped, not the act of someone who would then abandon him/her, I would suggest.

Also if you have the chip number, contact Anibase/Petlog and ask where that particular batch of chips was registered out to, they can give this information, if it was a private vet/dogs trust/RSPCA etc, hopefully the chip will be on their computer system, if the hard/paper copy got lost in the post.

Hope his owner manages to trace him.

Where I work the chip is registered as it is implanted via the internet whilst the owner is stood there, a few years ago they were posted, however, a certificate from the id company should then have arrived and if not the owner should have then contacted the implant or chip company. I have had the odd chip not registered and that has been because either a breeder has had them done and not registered the chip but passed he paperwork onto the new owner or on occasion from rescue with the same thing that the paperwork is passed on at rehoming for new owner to complete. The chip number is unique, as Purplepeke says and could be traced back to implanter.

Edited by berlingo
grammer

Hi thank you for the comments, all that can be done to find the dogs owner is being done and the dog pound has been contacted etc, the chip is being dealt with, i will update as and when any news comes back to me.

PC Turner is a friend and was on duty at the time he found the dog, so he is doing all he can and i am sure all the relevant paper work etc has been dealt with.

---------- Post added 24-11-2013 at 12:57 ----------

Just to add i have been in touch with the PC and this is what he has told me.

It's gone through all the correct channels.It's temporarily rehomed until an owner comes forward or the chip is identified.

Edited by candybar
added information

Hi thank you for the comments, all that can be done to find the dogs owner is being done and the dog pound has been contacted etc, the chip is being dealt with, i will update as and when any news comes back to me.

PC Turner is a friend and was on duty at the time he found the dog, so he is doing all he can and i am sure all the relevant paper work etc has been dealt with.

---------- Post added 24-11-2013 at 12:57 ----------

Just to add i have been in touch with the PC and this is what he has told me.

It's gone through all the correct channels.It's temporarily rehomed until an owner comes forward or the chip is identified.

That all sounds in order then, hopefully he will soon be back home...fingers crossed.

Thanks Moonbird.

Another update i also posted on Facebook on the Sheffield online and someone said on there, he has been returned to his owner, not sure if this is true so im awaiting response from the PC, will of course let you all know, fingers crossed its true :)