Bible - Fiction?

These people are called idiots, just a coincidence that they are religious.

To me it's obvious they were concerned about their child. But if they hadn't held those idiotic religious beliefs, ones that the Orthodox Church has traditionally indoctrinated people with, they may not have been quite so idiotic: they may have gone to hospital instead.

To me it's obvious they were concerned about their child. But if they hadn't held those idiotic religious beliefs, ones that the Orthodox Church has traditionally indoctrinated people with, they may not have been quite so idiotic: they may have gone to hospital instead.

No, just idiots! If you're injured, you need a hospital.

the biggest work of fiction that existed till the hobbit and the lord of the rings was written ;)

To be fair Lord of the Rings is a better read and a lot more believable than the bible, well the current version anyway (they do keep changing it and don't include the best bits anymore.)

No, just idiots! If you're injured, you need a hospital.

I'm guessing they thought the baby was going to die. Thinking baptism would save the baby from original sin - and open the door to heaven and Jesus where the baby would spend eternity - they did what they did.

Yes, they were idiots: deeply religious idiots who prioritised idiotic religious beliefs over seeking medical help.

I don't think you can really compere America with us. Many have an attachment to their past religious heritage because they strongly identify themselves with the history and struggle of their ancestors, some who went to America to escape religious persecution.

On the whole, I think traditionally they have always tried to be a tolerant nation who have a history of welcoming people from all cultures, races beliefs/non beliefs.

Yes, America has been well known for its white inhabitants' tolerance and welcome to blacks.

The real reason the "Pilgrim Fathers" went to America was to found a colony in which they could persecute those who worshipped differently; they used corporal and capital punishment on them!

We spent a long holiday with many Americans; they were real nice folk to us. But their views on Obama's re-election were extreme!

Yes, America has been well known for its white inhabitants' tolerance and welcome to blacks.

The real reason the "Pilgrim Fathers" went to America was to found a colony in which they could persecute those who worshipped differently; they used corporal and capital punishment on them!

We spent a long holiday with many Americans; they were real nice folk to us. But their views on Obama's re-election were extreme!

You'd have thought with him being half white, they'd be at least half happy about it!

I was just really pointing out how diverse America is racially and ethnically with such a massive population, not ignoring the faults of its history or denying that prejudices don't still exist in the present.

I can't comment on why those Americans didn't want to see Obama re-elected, because I don't know whether it was for a political reason, or something else.

Edited by janie48

Let's see how she is in a year or two.

I'd be so happy if "natural remedies" did cure her -- it would probably be much less expensive.

Sadly, I've seen adult patients die under "natural" treatments.

Don't know which leukaemia this child has, but the prognosis for many forms is good with chemotherapy.

It wouldn't really be ethical to put 100 patients on "natural" and 100 on "unnatural" treatments, and see how many of each group live 5 years.

But if this child were in our family, I'd vote for the chemo!

The bible is actually FACTION, fact and fiction combined, but hunting for the facts in the fiction is a very time involving practice. All fairy stories have a truth within them.

no its not. It's fiction peppered with truths. calling it 'faction' is just trying to give credence to it where none exists.

The major points in the bible still come under fiction; Omnipotent God, virgin birth, resurrection and hell/heaven.