Wig and Pen Wedding reception

Hi,

Has anyone on here been to a wedding reception, or even a large private party at the Wig and Pen in recent years?

All the reviews i have read about it seem to be before the Milestone took it over. Grateful for any more recent reviews!

It wasn't a wedding reception but myself and my partner went for a meal there about a year ago. The food was OK, a little bit pretentious but overall not too bad but we could not get over the fact that the staff let a beggar in and come over to our table whilst eating waving a sign in our face saying 'hungry and homeless' and aggressively saying something in a foreign language! The staff stood back, watching him go round each table, where diners ignored him. We did complain about this being allowed to happen but the staff were not bothered at all. This really put me off the place and they won't be getting our custom again.