HSBC Rant - University Branch

Oh and I also forgot to mention the lack of counter staff annoys me too, and the fact that even those places who do have counter staff now only open for a limted amount of hours aday.

I hate those paying in machines and refuse to use them, despite the obvious drawback that you can't pay coins in.

Jim, I see you never got your avatar sorted!

coops, its because I'm completely clueless.Good job I don't work in IT.:gag:

jim

What, I do work in IT! Holy s**t!.

I really am clueless!

Jim:help:

I had endless problems with HSBC - mainly card errors - the P.I.N would just screw up.

Not had a problem with the Lloyds (held at Lewisham.)

:)

I had endless problems with HSBC - mainly card errors - the P.I.N would just screw up.

Not had a problem with the Lloyds (held at Lewisham.)

:)

That's another problem I've had, is that over the last 12 months I've had 3 cards that the chips have failed on. I know I'm not alone because we get quite a few HSBC business staff in to the bar, and they've all got HSBC accounts, and a few of those have had the same problems I have. I'm sure it's a small minority of cards, it just seems to be my luck that all my cards fail after a short amount of time!

DON'T DO IT!!

I have accounts with Halifax and HSBC, and halifax are FAR worse!

1) Halifax make unnecessary charges for their errors and are reluctant to refund them

2)HSBC have a introduced a lot of paying in machines to minimize queues in the counter service branches, whereas halifax always have a mile long queue.

3)Halifax ordered me a new debit card, but then failed to mention that I couldn't use my old one, and it got eaten by a cash point and left me with no money.

Halifax = :rant: HSBC = :thumbsup:

Plus pay a cheque into the Halifax and it will take 10 days to clear! Unless they've changed this recently.

Plus pay a cheque into the Halifax and it will take 10 days to clear! Unless they've changed this recently.

I don't think its that long any more, perhaps 4 or 5 days, but I did pay some cash in last year and the stupid woman processed it as a cheque so I had to wait for my cash to clear! And when I went to complain that I needed to use my card but couldn't coz it hadn't gone through, I was told it was my fault it had been processed that way!

WTF?! How is it my fault the stupud cashier can't tell the difference between hard cash and a cheque!!

im also looking to ditch hsbc and move my student account elsewhere. Currently on a gap year from uni at the moment and will have my overdraft paid off in a couple of weeks.

Not sure where to go though, dont have a clue when it comes to banks.

What are the online banks like? When you bank online do you have to pay extra to use the majority of atm's?

Guest unners

I have banked with HSBC since the days of the Midland Bank and never had a problem,i have my credit card, high interest savings and mortgage with them which i moved from the rubbish that is Abbey and i have never had a problem.

Their Internet banking is 1st class, since i used it i have not been into a branch for at least two years which is a bonus.

My partner banks with the Halifax and hes had so many problems with them over the years that he's in the process of moving to First Direct which belongs to HSBC.

NAT WEST is not much better either. But the staff do seem to try and be helpful....its just when they cant help you, they still keep on smiling that horrid fake customer service smile, and if they are telling you they cannot help you, I think they should stop smiling and look apologetic at least. The Nat West corporate smile is somewhat dazzling!!!!!

I have banked with HSBC since the days of the Midland Bank and never had a problem,i have my credit card, high interest savings and mortgage with them which i moved from the rubbish that is Abbey and i have never had a problem.

Their Internet banking is 1st class, since i used it i have not been into a branch for at least two years which is a bonus.

My partner banks with the Halifax and hes had so many problems with them over the years that he's in the process of moving to First Direct which belongs to HSBC.

I'd echo the above as a customer but I hear there is much disenchantment amongst the staff!

i have banked with hsbc since i was 16 (i'm now 26). i had all my student stuff with them and now have a mortgage.

they have "lost" cheques from me on two occasions and i had to complain like hell to get them to sort it out.

i did stay with them however because they gave me a fantastic graduate mortgage deal.

also, HSBC online banking is the best i have used and also supports macs, my partner found out this week that yorkshire bank doesn't - doh!

i find that generally cashiers and even those people standing around in branches that are there to help are actually rubbish. nothing beats a letter to the complaints department. it's annoying having to wait ages but that all helps when negotiating compensation!

i tried taking a loan out after graduating to put off getting a full-time job for a bit and the lady i spoke to said no way it's time for you to start earning! she was great, although i didn't like her at the time!

another annoyance is foreign call centres. last time i called they had no idea what the direct debit guarantee was and said it was my job to contact the company that had taken more money then agreed - WRONG! i don't call 'em anymore.

most people have grumbles with their banks. it's inevitable because money is important to everybody and nobody likes it if they think they're being ripped off!