Teenage boys.. HELP ME!!

My son is 13 and going through that stage of his life where he will argue that black is white, moan about everything I do for him or say to him, ignore me, we have to near enough force him into the shower, etc etc - you get the picture..

I know this is a normal stage for youngsters to go through, but I never had any of this with my daughter at this stage of her life..

I try my hardest to ignore alot of what he does and says, but there are times where he tries to go to far and I can feel myself wanting to throttle him..(Not literally, but you know what I mean)

Now, what I'm after is a bit of advice.

How did you other parents cope with your young men at this age?

He's sending me crazy!! :help:

Yep. I have 2 at 13 n 14. Hoping its a phase they'll grow out of :-/

Sit down and have a chat could be an age thing like you say but try and get things out in the open.

You'll understand where I'm coming from then, SpeedDemon.

Boarding school.. Now that's an option worth thinking about.

He does talk occasionally, but when I ask how his day has been etc, I usually get 'alright' as an answer, before he shuffles off into the front room and plonks himself down in front of the telly..

Kids eh.. Who's have um'.. :)