What is the Roughest and Toughest Sheffield Pub - Today

My sister was once stand in Landlady at the Jack in the Box at Stradbroke, (I think,) now that was rough. Lots of gypsies round there. Couple once had a fight with a frozen chicken.!!!

Do you mean the Jack in a Box on Silkstone Road fella?

What's The Bassett at Foxhill like these days? It was my Grandad's local and we used to go in and drink John Smiths in the mid to late 90s (around the time it had a brief name change to 'The Circus Tavern')- it was full of brick s*it houses who loved my Gramps for being a war hero. In my experience respect for the elderly, in particular WWII servicemen, is a common virtue of double hard ********.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that.

Not sure about these days, but for many years, the roughest, toughest pub was without doubt the John O' Gaunt.

What's The Bassett at Foxhill like these days? It was my Grandad's local and we used to go in and drink John Smiths in the mid to late 90s (around the time it had a brief name change to 'The Circus Tavern')- it was full of brick s*it houses who loved my Gramps for being a war hero. In my experience respect for the elderly, in particular WWII servicemen, is a common virtue of double hard ********.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that.

Not sure about these days, but for many years, the roughest, toughest pub was without doubt the John O' Gaunt.

Oh yes and the Magpie at Lowedges was rough

I would agree with that.

Used to go in JOG for afternoon tea,Magnet was rough but the worst I went in was Wetherby,called in once and never went back.

Well don't think its any pub on Eci Rd!!

Used to go in JOG for afternoon tea,Magnet was rough but the worst I went in was Wetherby,called in once and never went back.

Depends when that was Dobby, the Magnet back around 1978 - 1980 was the best in the city, in my opinion.

Depends when that was Dobby, the Magnet back around 1978 - 1980 was the best in the city, in my opinion.

It was ok 70s and early 80s then went downhill big time,used to be best pint of magnet going,at the end flattening it was the best thing they did.

I once got called a bloodclot and had my head smashed against the bar of the cannon :D

Great people until you said something to upset em and that could be anything depending on what mood they were in lol

Inspiring that folk love their scrubby, violent pubs, such relaxing environments to enjoy!

I don't wanna here about pubs form the 1970's. Which is the roughest, toughest boozer in Sheffield ....

Why? who cares? Who are you, Danny Dyer?

Do you mean the Jack in a Box on Silkstone Road fella?

Yes thats it. Terrible place. (fellaess by the way)

Unfortunately bud I rarely go in pubs now but a strange question, are you thinking of offering the "****" of the pub out or summat, Bankers Draft gets a few hot heads in.

I've heard Big Gun in Wicker can get tasty, and the one at corner of Lady's Bridge, it's had that many names I forget now. Sadly as you don't want to hear about old pubs that in effect kills the thread, Darnall used to be a great pub crawl but only 1 pub there now.:(

Big Gun. When I first moved to Sheffield over 20 years ago I went in there after dropping my gear off at my new pad. Walked in on a Sunday afternoon and the barmaid was refusing to serve the entire pub because everybody was slaughtered. She refused to serve us too and told us to go somewhere better, up in town.

Nice first day in Sheffield.