What is the Roughest and Toughest Sheffield Pub - Today

I don't wanna here about pubs form the 1970's. Which is the roughest, toughest boozer in Sheffield ....

Considering Sheffield is one of the biggest cities in the UK - I am yet to find a meaty pub. Infact I would say that out of all the pubs I have seen only 30% are actually open!

I heard that debates in the Nursery Tavern on Ecclesall Road can get quite heated when the students have had one too many shandies ;)

Seriously, can anyone recommend a good pub crawl - with a lot of pubs close together. So far I have done Kelham Island, Division Street, Hillsbrough and London Road. I had a wander over to Attercliffe and found two pubs.

Only ones I`ve not fancied venturing into are Big Gun and Hen `n` Chickens.

Jabsy - you`ve done most there. Eccy Road?

I had a drink in Town. Penny Black, Barrel and Tap, Big Gun, Hen and Chickens and Norfolk Arms. Had a walk round The Wicker expecting loads of pubs and found one.

Also - I was in The Brown Bear in town and some lads told me that there was a club/bar in Hillsbrough that is cheap. Go past The Rawson Spring and turn left towards Malin Bridge - around there some where - I can't find it - any ideas?

---------- Post added 20-11-2013 at 22:30 ----------

Haven't done Eccy ROAD - Heard it's full of students with buckles on their shoes.

Heeley Green, down to Heeley & then up chesterfield road has about 7-8 pubs in a very short space.

Some of them are a bit dodgy but some of them are really cool!

Get the Fulwood bus up to Nether Green, start in the Rising Sun, then do Bull's Head, Ranmoor Inn, Fulwood Inn. Carry on into Broomhill and go in the York, Fox and Duck, Broomhill Tavern. Walk down to Clarkehouse Road and go in the Francis Newton. Carry on down Glossop Road, then you've got the Harley and round the corner is the University Arms. There's also the Hanover. Not been in in years so no idea what it's like now tho!

Also - I was in The Brown Bear in town and some lads told me that there was a club/bar in Hillsbrough that is cheap. Go past The Rawson Spring and turn left towards Malin Bridge - around there some where - I can't find it - any ideas?

Would it be the Malin Bridge Inn (The Malin for short)? Exactly as you were directed, go left after the Rawson Spring, up Holme Lane, on to the one-way system, and it is on the right.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quote tags

jabsy

the club you are talking about is the la cotta it is at the back of r springs on the hill going up it is on the right.it is a private club,always looking for new members and good cheap beer.

I don't wanna here about pubs form the 1970's. Which is the roughest, toughest boozer in Sheffield ....

Unfortunately bud I rarely go in pubs now but a strange question, are you thinking of offering the "****" of the pub out or summat, Bankers Draft gets a few hot heads in.

I've heard Big Gun in Wicker can get tasty, and the one at corner of Lady's Bridge, it's had that many names I forget now. Sadly as you don't want to hear about old pubs that in effect kills the thread, Darnall used to be a great pub crawl but only 1 pub there now.:(