Does Beighton have the worst roads in Sheffield?

Woodhouse Lane is a bad one, theres enough patches of tarmac in repairs to have fully re-laid the surface three times, at least they're being done eventually in Sheffield, Rotherham Council have no such plans and the roads are shocking, they'd rather invest money in Icelandic banks that fail.

Cheaper than installing speed bumps!

We have those as well all over

Just hope all the new road works dont get dug up soon as usual as energy companies always come along digging up and making roads like a patchwork quilt

Just hope all the new road works dont get dug up soon as usual as energy companies always come along digging up and making roads like a patchwork quilt

I believe it should be a legal requirement (if its not already) for the utility companies to reinstate the roads to the same standard as before the works.

It should be subject to punitive fines to be imposed if this is not done,that is the problem with a great deal of road surfaces, works that have been carried out and a sloppy job done reinstating the subject road.

The worst I've come across is Blackstock Road, because it is a main road and a bus route. You can't really avoid it. There are some massive pot holes. But worse in places the road surface has broken up and lumps of rock up to 5 cms across are all over the road surface and get chucked up by buses, cars and trucks. To make matters worse you have to look out for yobs on pit bikes whilst trying to drive around the craters.

Im with paolo coopio . Orchard lane has to be the worst road in sheffield , its the most direct route to my house but i sometimes find myself making longer diversions to avoid it !