Living in stradbroke

Can anyone tell me what it is like living in Stradbroke now- any problem areas, troublespots etc? I have seen previous thread about problems with drunken gangs but is it a regular problem?

An elderly relative of mine has lived in Stradbroke for 50+ years, and he's very comfortable there. He has nice neighbours, and hasn't had any trouble. The houses and gardens are neat and well kept.

There might be a spot of bother with exhuberant young people gathering around the shops, and on their way home from Secondary School, but I think that's probably true of most areas.

Ditto what Anna said. Haven't been for a year or so but the top end of the Ravenscroft area was very nice and quiet.

the flats going down the hill near the shops seem to be a bit of a problem.

Iv been on stradbroke with my new partner for nearly 4 months. Very quiet area. Never see any trouble

Thanks for that information. I am specifically looking at Smelterwood Road - is that near the shops?

Yes, it runs from the shops downhill to the roundabout, then carries on beyond. That bit is nicer / quieter.

I wouldn't go in the flats on main rd.like as been said after the roundabout is ok.

the flats going down the hill near the shops seem to be a bit of a problem.

The problem sounds like weak foundations.