Radio sheffield football heaven

28 minutes ago, Padders said:

Don't forget 2-1 Ken.. always starts of with,     Hello are you alright.

Not heard him on for a while.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Don't forget 2-1 Ken.. always starts of with,     Hello are you alright.

Agreed!  Yes he sounds like a very nice chap actually.  

I also omitted to mention "Paul The Miller".  Now there's a guy with a pessimistic outlook if ever there was one.  Dear me!  I pity whoever has to live with him - he's a real bundle of joy, not!

It's when they get caller's on that are only just starting school that annoy me more, very young kids trying to talk about the game are quite annoying.

At least with the likes of Brian the blade etc it can be interesting even if they are talking rubbish

6 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

It's when they get caller's on that are only just starting school that annoy me more, very young kids trying to talk about the game are quite annoying.

At least with the likes of Brian the blade etc it can be interesting even if they are talking rubbish

Agreed, when a youngster calls it usually ends up with the presenter asking questions with replies of "yeah" whilst a parent (or guardian) prompts them in the background.

Why do they bother ringing in when they obviously possess speech problems.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:41, Jim Hardie said:

I think it was Doctor Hill.

No, it was fotty year ago.

Brian the Blade is the only caller worth listening to.

Yet a lot of Wednesday fans are still clinging desperately like drowning  men  clutching at straws to  a match that took place " fotty " years ago. I was a young man  then, I'm a pensioner now LOL

38 minutes ago, prince al said:

Why do they bother ringing in when they obviously possess speech problems.

The BBC ought to be subject to Safeguarding procedures 

Latest anti hero is Geoff the Luton/Stavely fan. He's a tough listen, and then there's bombastic opinionated Romish Mick, and the icing on the cake is Mark, " you know me yeah" " Wednesday take 20,000 to every away match"

5 hours ago, MillerMike said:

BBC Radio Sheffield is awful

It’s increasingly “woke” and had a definite remain bias during brexit.

Toby Foster us about as funny as mumps and the sport coverage is basically the Sheffield Wednesday propaganda machine.

if it disappeared overnight then it wouldn’t be missed by the majority

Listening to Radio Sheffield this evening it clearly isn’t. A lot of very angry Wednesdayites on the phone in.

On 07/03/2020 at 19:32, Mister Gee said:

Listening to Radio Sheffield this evening it clearly isn’t. A lot of very angry Wednesdayites on the phone in.

Yes, it was all about Sheffield Wednesday.........AGAIN

57 minutes ago, MillerMike said:

Yes, it was all about Sheffield Wednesday.........AGAIN

Unrest always brings out a higher proportion of callers, the show can only broadcast the people that ring in, give them a call tomorrow if you want to talk about something different.

Actually I’ve tried that, so have a couple of friends.

You have to get past an assistant who wants to know what you want to say in advance, then they have a “will call you back” system.

That’s how they “vet” who gets on air and which club is being talked about.

Apparently the best way to put forward a view about Sheffield Utd, Barnsley, Rotherham or Doncaster is to tell the researcher that it’s a praise for Sheffield Wednesday or to call yourself Dinnington Owl or something similar then you’ve got a chance of being on air before they “run out of time”

8 hours ago, MillerMike said:

Actually I’ve tried that, so have a couple of friends.

You have to get past an assistant who wants to know what you want to say in advance, then they have a “will call you back” system.

That’s how they “vet” who gets on air and which club is being talked about.

Apparently the best way to put forward a view about Sheffield Utd, Barnsley, Rotherham or Doncaster is to tell the researcher that it’s a praise for Sheffield Wednesday or to call yourself Dinnington Owl or something similar then you’ve got a chance of being on air before they “run out of time”

Absolute rubbish, I've been on myself and the vetting as you call it is just to weed out the oddballs, they don't have enough callers to be too selective.