Radio sheffield football heaven

Call in, you'll get on.

Simples!!

I prefer to contribute via Twitter and sometimes email. Even more "simples" as it costs nothing.

Andy Giddens, if you are going to ask for listeners to call in. Please allow them time to air their veiws. After constant prattling on with nonsensical pauses and imposing opinions it was 19 minutes before the first caller was allowed to get on today.

Andy Giddens, if you are going to ask for listeners to call in. Please allow them time to air their veiws. After constant prattling on with nonsensical pauses and imposing opinions it was 19 minutes before the first caller was allowed to get on today.

.....because nobody had bothered ringing. Par for the course during international breaks.

.....because nobody had bothered ringing. Par for the course during international breaks.

True, then Mick comes on and gets more airtime than anyone and fills the gap?

Oh dear oh dear oh dear,tonight s football heaven,I switched off at 6.30.

after listening to the telephone number and email address and Twitter address  given out about 8 times the weather forecast and traffic report,and a caller who thinks the owls should be called parrot s,who they politely cut off I’d had enough.

its absolutely had its day they are struggling to get callers ringing in ,and having to talk in slow motion  to try and fill the show it really is poor radio listening.anyone else any ideas on it.

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, maggidee said:

after listening to the telephone number and email address and Twitter address  given out about 8 times the weather forecast and traffic report,and a caller who thinks the owls should be called parrot s,who they politely cut off I’d had enough.

its absolutely had its day they are struggling to get callers ringing in ,and having to talk in slow motion  to try and fill the show it really is poor radio listening.anyone else any ideas on it.

I always have it on but I must agree you have a point on tonight’s episode. It was absolutely tragic.

I also switched off just after half 6 after a bloke rang in -quoted the shows telephone number - and then asked how his side played last Saturday....

I think they need to stop relying on callers and do more journalism - go out and visit a local amateur team and record a report.

do a feature on a specific aspect of one of pro teams.

at the minute they rely on Thursday press conferences from local sides and people calling in - punctuated by midweek games where they have a guaranteed audience. 

Need to do more.

Andy giddings - if you’re reading i have ideas!!

On 19/09/2019 at 18:49, maggidee said:

Listened to the show tonight. I wanted to disagree with you, but I can’t. 

Ellie was good though!

Oh God, I gave up on Football Heaven ages ago, mainly because of all the air time they gave to 'Brian the Blade' & his ramblings.  Even as a Blade, he annoys me. 

Clearly, during the week & especially if there's no matches on with pre-match news or there's no prominent, breaking story coming out from one of the clubs, it's a hard slog to fill an hour. 

Think they aught to scrap the daily programme & just stick to the reaction after the weekend matches?

They could fill the slot with something more worthy & varied.  How about a programme on local politics; local issues; in depth interviews with local news worthy individuals or handing over the hour slot to interest groups to make their own shows? 

Edited by Baron99

Listening tonight , Brian the Millers comments are always painfully grim! “Did you see the match Andy? “Did ya, did ya?” “What’s his name played for them, about 40 years ago”.  

What a sage!  Please stop top it now!

Yes, Brian The Miller is a classic: "What do you think. What do you think?" shouted at the top of his voice followed by "Not many Benny" or "Fandabidosie". Tragic!

15 minutes ago, Mallard said:

Yes, Brian The Miller is a classic: "What do you think. What do you think?" shouted at the top of his voice followed by "Not many Benny" or "Fandabidosie". Tragic!

Simple as that,  Mallard.