*Alert* Suspicious blue transit sized van in S6

They do take stuff from skips, which although I wasn't bothered about the radiator and other stuff they took from mine without permission, that does make them thieves. I've seen them stealing from skips on a number of occasions and they are down our road almost daily at all hours of day & night.

Thank god you reported them to the police then :thumbsup:

I'm not bothered if people take stuff from my skip. It means there is more room for me to put more rubbish in, so I save money (because I don't fill the skip as quickly). It is polite to ask first, but to be honest as far as I'm concerned they can help themselves.

So long as they are not taking garden gates, kids bikes, BBQs or washing line posts, I'm not too bothered.

Thats interesting it was a blue transit van that was seen in Stnnington before when catalitic converters were being stolen from cars, ours was one of them. Thanks for the info

Thats interesting it was a blue transit van that was seen in Stnnington before when catalitic converters were being stolen from cars, ours was one of them. Thanks for the info
you need to speak to the poster in post 2

I have a sofa in my skip. It has a big metal frame please come take it. It's using all the space

Would be useful to put the reg no. on here or at least give it to the police .

What do honest scrapmen behave like then??
D!on't think there are any honest scrapmen!

D!on't think there are any honest scrapmen!

How many do you personally know ? :roll:

skip companies also make money from the stuff whats been thrown away thus if people are stealing from skips it affects their profit margins

Genuine question...who would they be stealing from? The hirer of the skip or the skip company?

Genuine question...who would they be stealing from? The hirer of the skip or the skip company?

I was told by a police officer that once an item is placed in a skip it belongs to the skip company. I was caught for the grave offence of taking two empty meter cube sacks from one, to hold garden waste. I wasn't arrested or charged though.

Maybe another dark blue transit following a Merc sprinter that has POLICE in big letters? Good idea :)

I don't get this. It's in a skip.... someone obviously doesn't want it. Where will it go if someone doesn't take it? Landfill? Seriously, I'm not being awkward, but I'd like to know.... where does this 'skip stuff' go?

If someone wants to take something from a skip, where's the problem? The person who put it in there obviously didn't want it.

I just wonder, if they're down your road daily, at all these hours of day and night.... how much stuff and how many skips are there on your road??

There are normally one or two skips on the road but the thieves just come looking in case there is something to take.

Like I say I wasn't bothered they took my stuff, it left more space in my skip. The loser is ultimately me though, and all the other skip users. This is because the skip hire company will recycle metal etc out of the skips to off set the disposal cost of the other stuff. Less scrap means higher skip costs.