100 days of snow ..on the way!

Hope you're paid well ! :hihi:

I hear he works in the attercliffe area ;)

If you don't like snow and don't know how to drive in it, then please keep off the roads, so that people like me who drive for a living can get from A to B anywhere in the country.

If you don't like snow and don't know how to drive in it, then please keep off the roads, so that people like me who drive for a living can get from A to B anywhere in the country.

Totally agree, some of the drivers I swear only wait until it snows before they come out on the roads.

I'm not posting about a general debate on getting to work etc, just a solution for people like me, not currently employed to maybe contribute, that is all :)

I work seasonally overseas so now I'm on holiday! lol...

Links to threads welcome of course :thumbsup:

In that case you are talking about Snow Wardens.... That's also covered in the above link :)

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot/2012/jan/26/weather-forecasters-daily-mail

An interesting article on the companies that the Express, Mail et al get these hyperbolic, alarmist, and usually wildly inaccurate forecasts from.

Exactly - as the Met Office say ''The science simply does not exist to make detailed, long-term forecasts for temperature and snowfall even for the end of November, let alone for the winter period, which does not officially start until 1 December.''

Doesn't sell many papers though.

As Wildbilly's article shows, the newspapers can always find a doom mongering "meteorological consultant" to give them a prophesy of, er, doom, when they need to.

Totally agree, some of the drivers I swear only wait until it snows before they come out on the roads.

Couldn't agree more! :clap:

Threads merged. Please don't start duplicate threads.

Thank you

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/443462/Winter-2013-expected-to-be-worst-since-1947-with-heavy-and-persistent-snow-forecast-for-UK

I know it's the Express but other papers and media sources have started to say similar stuff, guess we'll have to wait and see but the outlook this year does look bleak.

Once again this is based on the 'work' of Jonathan Powell, from Vantage Weather (having used many different names in the past)

He is not a meteorologist, and has been repeatedly discredited.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot/2012/jun/15/daily-express-weather-forecast-jonathan-powell

Its just terryfying

Now I know how it must have felt to be in Sheffield during the 2nd world war when the Germans could have carried out an air raid at any time.

Why are the old air raid shelters not being reopened?

Casualty departments are expected to be swamped this winter should the king of terror rain down from the skys

---------- Post added 18-11-2013 at 09:09 ----------

I also reckon that very soon you won't be able to get car insurance if you live in a high snow risk area.

Similar to flood risk areas