Do charities deserve our help?

What a great attitude to show on an animal lovers forum where pretty much everyone on here works in or helps out with this simple work you speak of....such a shame real names are not used on here so any rescue knows to avoid adopting a animal to you.....they would prob get returned for getting fur on the furniture anyway....jog on kitties !

Well I should have known better than to put this on as i knew what reaction i would get and i was right! I too am a busy person :rant:

Well good job you didn't get a couple of these little bundles of fluff then, if you haven't got 20 minutes to wait on the day you go looking to adopt them you obviously are WAY too busy to care for them every day!

Maybe the poster should offer to go and help at the Charity for just one day so they could get a better understanding of how much work and effort it takes to keep an animal shelter running every day. Workers are lucky if they if they have time to grab a 30 minute lunch break before the doors open to the public. I imagine you went by car, so it's not like you had to wait outside in bad weather, is it? (but even if you had no car, the weather was nice yesterday!) and 20 minutes is hardly the end of the world is it? I think you are being very harsh.

Sounds like the cats have had a lucky escape Ms Interpret.Some people never fail to amaze me with their intolerance and lack of empathy:(:(

I'm with you JoyH, if I were a cat I think I'd rather stay in the shelter until I get a caring owner who doesn't think her 20 minutes is more important than my welfare. She'd have probably took me back after a week but I'll bet she'll think twice about posting such a selfish, insensitive post again. Wonder if she'll reply to this. Doubt it because she found nobody to agree with her arrogant behaviour

Edited by denlin

Sounds like the cats had a lucky escape,if you can't wait 20minutes till they opened.like you say in your post,your a very busy person,so you probably wouldn't have time to look after them anyhow.

Poor cats....more nights in a room on their own with no human interaction just because you think the world should revolve around you!im sorry but I would fail to see anyone that will be on your side on this matter.

maybe you should of thought to yourself 'you know what,I'm the one that's early,20 minutes really isn't that long to wait,I'll hang around till the doors are open & I'll go pick a lovely couple of cats to live in a forever home'

Then your post could of been a whole different one,one saying 'look at these two beauties I just rescued' along with pictures....just saying.

My opinion of the OP? a complete tool.

Ooooooh, bet you wish you'd not started this thread Ms Interpret?! Never mind, lesson learnt, respect the opening hours and show a little gratitude to those selfless enough to dedicate their free time to look after the moggies that some folk won't wait 20 mins to adopt.

Give the woman a break. She lives at the 'posh end of Sheffield' and waiting might have meant hanging around places inhabited by poor, smelly people. The stress of that alone could have caused her to have a breakdown.

I also think it is unfair criticising her ability to care for cats. I am sure she has much in common with them. For example, most cats seem to think humans exist solely to service their needs.

Think this person is quite confused on opening times of certain places if you read her or his previous posts they were confused as what time whirlow farm actually opens thank god they didn't get a cat might get confused on as what to actually feed it bet all the little kitties are saying thank god ... Disgraceful post you should be ashamed of yourself to post this thread in the first place

Looking at the OP's other posts they seem to be upset by a multitude of really quite every day occurences, so maybe their inability to read a simple statement of the opening times was the straw that broke the camel's back?

I went to a local cat charity today in the hope of adopting 2 cats but because i was a bit early the lady wouldnt let me in as "they were doing things" (she said, with cup of coffee in hand) i know these people work hard to care for animals and they cant be open to the public all the time but at the week end I think she could have made an exception for the twenty minutes or so we were early (I had misread the opening times on the website) as we had made a special journey to go there Never the less this charity will not receive any help from us in the future and a couple of their cats will have that bit longer to find a loving home as we will be looking elsewhere, Really dissapointed!

Well i'm really disappointed in a lot of humans...

Do charities deserve our help,of course they do,if it were not for the amount of braindead idiots out there then maybe things,wouldnt be as desperate as they are....

Some people obviously havn't got a clue how they work,and then have the audacity to slate them...

Someone I know very well works full time,is not a charity,gets no help from anywhere and has 22 cats she takes care of,because of the generosity she has towards animals,why because someone has to care...

so read the opening times,on second thoughts get a plastic gold fish....