Christmas Decorations - How Early??

Bishop .... UN amusing. do you have a pulse lol x

Never seen him in comedy stand up, but seen him on TV in dramas and he's acted well.

what does it matter to what people choose to do in their own home, as long as its not hurting anyone

:thumbsup: I agree.

I always go by the "twelve days of Christmas". Then down buy January 4th/5th.

You do know that the twelve days of Christmas refers to the twelve days after Christmas don't you not before?

What a miserable bunch you are (in the main!)

I absolutely LOVE Christmas! It is such a happy time for me, a time for family to get together, a magical time for the kids etc, I just have a lovely, happy glowy feeling all through December. There is nothing more wonderful then seeing my little boy get so excited and totally wrapped up in all the magical wonder of Santa etc, it's the best.

I agree, it's a little early just yet but our tree will be up promptly on Dec 1st so we can appreciate it alk month long, accompanied by the likes of Bing Crosby and Dean Martin as we dec up! :)

What a miserable bunch you are (in the main!)

I absolutely LOVE Christmas! It is such a happy time for me, a time for family to get together, a magical time for the kids etc, I just have a lovely, happy glowy feeling all through December. There is nothing more wonderful then seeing my little boy get so excited and totally wrapped up in all the magical wonder of Santa etc, it's the best.

I agree, it's a little early just yet but our tree will be up promptly on Dec 1st so we can appreciate it alk month long, accompanied by the likes of Bing Crosby and Dean Martin as we dec up! :)

I thought they were dead,now I find they are in Grenoside.

Is Elvis there too ?

I thought they were dead,now I find they are in Grenoside.

Is Elvis there too ?

That's what we want you to think.......I keep them in the cupboard under stairs from Jan to Nov, then release them on Dec 1st to assist with the Christmas atmos! We did have Elvis but he escaped. Do let me know if you should see him.....

That's what we want you to think.......I keep them in the cupboard under stairs from Jan to Nov, then release them on Dec 1st to assist with the Christmas atmos! We did have Elvis but he escaped. Do let me know if you should see him.....

He works in our local chip shop.

I've heard a few people say how they always take their decorations down a day or two after Christmas "because we're sick of them". It's no flippin' wonder if they've had them since the start of December or before!

Personally, I love a bit of Christmas cheer, the lights twinkling, the tree dropping needles. But it's not Christmassy or special at all, if it's been hanging around for weeks, it loses all the magic.

Even the start of December seems way too early, if you're sticking to the 12 days rule, you'll not be taking the tree down until 4th or 5th Jan. Over a month's worth of Christmas waters down the atmosphere, I'd say.

I've started putting my decorations up in readiness for Christmas 2014. Is this a record?

I'm sorry to say that I've seen four houses with Christmas lights tonight.

@francypants - That has to be a record! - We have our tree up today but I think the 1st Dec is still too early but the kids just love it all so much. We have some Snowflake Window Stickers on the windows too and paper chains for their room so far... still feels a little too early ;)