Tamper Cafe - Sheffield

The best Coffee in Sheffield? or the whole of Yorkshire.

The service, food and drinks are a sure 10 in my opinion.

The best Coffee in Sheffield? or the whole of Yorkshire.

The service, food and drinks are a sure 10 in my opinion.

Would agree the coffee is great.

However its pretty small and often very busy also find it quite dull inside and the seating is not particularly comfortable.

Still nice to see an independent doing well just not my cup of tea/coffee ;)

Agree with the above points but their other venue is a big improvement (Seller's Wheel)

Went to Tamper Coffee at Seller Wheel today and all I can say is wow! The food, the service and the atmosphere were all amazing. I had the Kiwi breakfast that was sizable but very tasty with all the elements being of a very high quality. All the food which came out of the kitchen looked very good. I have tried to get into Tamper coffee on Westfield Terrace but it has always been too busy, Sellers wheel is way bigger but still busy but a better bet in my opinion. I can't wait to go back to try the lunch menu.

Both Tamper and Tamper at Sellers Wheel are excellent and I'm not slagging them in the slightest BUT........for me the flat white at Motore Café on the little Italian cart just outside the Howard Hotel is slightly better.

I just find Tamper's a little too creamy, but still great.

As a coffee geek, it's fantastic to have 3 places (at least) in Sheffield that make a damn fine cup.

Good tea and coffee at Tamper but for me Bragazzis on Abbeydale Road do the best coffee, closely followed by Gustos in town.

I only drink espresso so don't know about the coffees with milk.

Edited by bungleboy69
Typo

Awesome place - both the Spin City Records one and the Arundel Street one.

Agree it's the best coffee in the city.

Hi,

Sorry to intrude but I'm a secret coffee obsessive (there I've said it) and I recently visited what looked like an old school classroom called the three bears cafe and the coffee was amazing!

The crema was delicious and I was very, very impressed. I felt it was slightly better than bragazzis and tamper for me, but coffee is a personal taste so it would be worth checking it out for yourself.

The food is ciabattas (I had Milano salami and pesto, nom nom nom) and fresh zingy salad that had something slightly anaseedy in it which was delish, and the cakes were to die for! I had a Santiago tart (heavy almonds and orange zest) if I went back I'd probably try the lemon cake as I was told it was lighter.... I was too greedy after all my food though to listen and went for the biggest most rich cake hahaha

Oh and the seating was up cycled wood pallets with coffee bag settee covers, but it was kinda slick, I loved it actually. I felt quite inspired to read and relax there.

You can tell I'm raving about it can't you? My mates have yet to hear all this from me.... Haha

Seriously though if you like good coffee and good food in sheffield it's pretty cool and quirky. It actually is an old school as well in sharrow!