Daft pictures of hard done to people in the 'papers'

:hihi: : Just read this thread for the first time. Laughed so much the tears are rolling down me legs.

So you think stories and photos aimed at influencing public opinion against the less fortunate, whether or not it's their own fault, are funny? I bet you laughed at Frank Spencer. Who will it be next week? That kind of behaviour belongs in 1930s Germany

So you think stories and photos aimed at influencing public opinion against the less fortunate, whether or not it's their own fault, are funny? I bet you laughed at Frank Spencer. Who will it be next week? That kind of behaviour belongs in 1930s Germany

For goodness sake lighten up.....these stories and photos are not aimed at influencing public opinion....they are paper fillers and for the most part completely banal.

Wasn't that the whole point......? :rolleyes:

I bet you laughed at Frank Spencer

I don't understand. Was it supposed to be a tender portrayal of a socially awkward individual, a bit like C4's "Derek"?

Just look at the "Fury" on the faces of this family

“We feel very strongly about this. I’m sure this must be violating some kind of human right.”

Just look at the "Fury" on the faces of this family

“We feel very strongly about this. I’m sure this must be violating some kind of human right.”

I like this special logic from IT consultant Mick Curphey, 39.

“The cost of packed lunches is swallowed up in our weekly shopping bill so we basically don’t feel the cost. But if we have to pay for lunches it is more money we have to find to pay another bill,” he said.

“Our food bill will not come down."

Wasn't that the whole point......? :rolleyes:

Well that's ok then isn't it? You'd soon change your tune if people were poking fun at you

Well that's ok then isn't it? You'd soon change your tune if people were poking fun at you

It must be a laugh a minute at your house.

You do realise that Frank Spencer was a comedy character don't you?

It must be a laugh a minute at your house.

You do realise that Frank Spencer was a comedy character don't you?

Oooooh Mecky! :P

Oooooh Mecky! :P

I thinks he's busy at the moment. Jessica's stuck in the U bend, he's had to start passing food down to her! :hihi:

Repeat after me (out loud please):

"Oooo Betty, the donkeys done a whoopsi".

Please tell me if anyone in earshot laughed or a smile cracked accross your face.

Anyway, this one is the daddy of them all (this year at least)

http://m.ntnews.com.au/news/northern-territory/darwin-cabbies-crappy-fare-as-passenger-leaves-huge-poo/story-fnk0b1zt-1227053399167

EDIT - Christ almighty it's just dawned on me - the reason mecky doesn't like frank spencer is because he LOOKS like frank spencer and has had to suffer for years as a result. It would explain a lot if this is the case.

Just stop wearing the beret and mack mecky my old son and you'll be fine.

Edited by tinfoilhat

Repeat after me (out loud please):

"Oooo Betty, the donkeys done a whoopsi".

Please tell me if anyone in earshot laughed or a smile cracked accross your face.

Anyway, this one is the daddy of them all (this year at least)

http://m.ntnews.com.au/news/northern-territory/darwin-cabbies-crappy-fare-as-passenger-leaves-huge-poo/story-fnk0b1zt-1227053399167

EDIT - Christ almighty it's just dawned on me - the reason mecky doesn't like frank spencer is because he LOOKS like frank spencer and has had to suffer for years as a result. It would explain a lot if this is the case.

Just stop wearing the beret and mack mecky my old son and you'll be fine.

He was dropped off at Fannie Bay.:hihi: