2Roost Experiences

Ok, so I've searched for posts on this and have read them, but the last one was in July last year.

My other half and I are looking to sell our house in May/June this year. We live in a 3bed semi in the S20 area near Brookhouse School. We bought 2 years ago through the Halifax and vowed not to sell through them because of the hassell we had as buyers. We're also not that keen on selling through the other estate agents based at Crystal Peaks either since we had pretty bad experiences with them as buyers too.

We'd prefer not to go through an estate agent, and are considering 2roost as a viable alternative. Have you, or anyone you know used 2roost, and what was your/their experience? I'm keen to know the honest outcome.

BTW, I understand the Sole Seller Rights stuff, and the benefits/pitfalls of using both systems through reading the extensive threads (and plugs) on this forum. I just want to know the honest experiences of 2roosters!

So... what type of property did you sell? how long did it take you to sell? did you get a fair price? how did you manage the negotiations? were 2roost helpful? Is it worthwhile?

Thanks x

Hi, I just spotted your message, if you would like me to visit you at your home I would behappy to talk to you about our services, we have become very successful in S20, S26 & S35 in particular, selling more properties than many agents, you have only to drive around Aston Manor S26 to see who has the most boards up and who has sold the most in the last year-feel free to contact my clients through our web site , I am very proud of the one to one service we offer and our prices are proudly displayed for all to see.

We provide a no nonsense , honest approach, and will hold your hand through the whole process.We work with a local solicitors and financial/mortgage advice company, so you do not need to worry about a thing.

We can manage the whole process in a friendly,helpful and proffessional manner.

Feel free to email or call me or David anytime, no obligation.

Best Wishes Caron

[email protected], tel 0114 2690194.

Hi me again, I forgot to add, we are adding a property on School Rd this weekend!

Sorry, off topic and very pedantic but it would look ever so much more professional if professionals knew how to spell professional. ;)

Well we're looking to sell our house (beautiful 4 bed detached if anyone's interested...) and pending a meet and chat with Caron we may be going through 2Roost. Avoiding the costs of an estate agent may mean we can afford the bungalow we've seen and fallen in love with.

As the Sheffield Forum reaches a potential 22,000 plus people we'll be advertising on here too - watch this space!

If more people shunned the traditional estate agents then maybe they'll re-think their approach and be a bit more focused on customer care?

I'm interested in what others think of 2Roost as well though, I avidly read the property section of the Telegraph every Friday and hadn't heard of 2Roost until yesterday.

Thanks Caron, we'll certainly give you a call nearer the time. We're just sprucing up at the moment (removing the artex, and fitting new carpets).

SOMEONE DID, WE SOLD A PLACE IN s6 IN TWO WEEKS, BUT HE NEVER POSTED ANY INFO, SO I CAN TELL YOU , WE SOLD HIS PROPERTY FOR OVER THE ASKING PRICE WITHIN TWO WEEKS.ALL WITH NO COMMISSION .

WE HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY THIS YEAR AND THANKFULLY EVERYTHING IS GOING REALLY WELL, SO I HAVENT HAD TIME TO LOOK AT THE SHEFF fORUM FOR AGES ,http://www.2roost.com/propertydetails.aspx?propid=484, THIS IS THE PROPERTY WE SOLD.

SO ALL YOU USERS,YOU HAVE NO EXCUSES FOR USING ANY AGENT NOW.

VISIT http://WWW.2ROOST.COM AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.

THANKS CARON

My parents successfully sold their house through 2roost and they had nothing but praise for the service that Caron provided!

They'd had it on the market with just about every estatate agent going and they did near enough nothing to help sell the property.

I know my mum and dad would have no hesitation in recommending them

From a buyers perspective, their website is not user-friendly like rightmove. They list sold houses, not just ones for sale, so you have to constantly check to see if you could actually buy a house or not. It's also not clear viewing the listings, which area properties are located, you have to view full details for that info. The result is whilst I scan rightmove regularly for new properties, I rarely visit 2roost, it's too much work.

They also don't seem to listen to buyer feedback. I contacted them about their website, mentioning that it was impossible to search for properties using Firefox (probably 25% of their visitors will use it, including me). It was probably about 6 months+ before they fixed it.

Lastly, I contacted them as a prospective buyer stating what area I was looking at and my budget and if they could notify me of new replies. I didn't even receive a courtesy e-mail to say they don't offer that service, which presumably they don't... Rightmove send me regular updates automatically.

I don't work for rightmove and I don't mean to slag off 2roost too much. They probably are worth considering and if they would think more about usability their business could flourish and buyers, sellers and themselves would benefit.

To be fair will_ Rightmove are a massive company, 2Roost are relatively small in comparison - their respective website budgets would be somewhat different!

I bought my house through 2Roost, all they did was put me directly in touch with the seller. Through the offer process we dealt directly with the seller and I think I only actually spoke to 2Roost once.

Good point Stuff and I didn't mean to be too hard on 2Roost. I'm just being a bit picky because I work in web / business development and I can't help but think of what I would do with 2roost if it were my business.

As I was mainly negative in my last post here are some positives... I like the fact on 2Roost that I can select the type of property, e.g. Semi vs Detached, which you can't do on Rightmove. I also like the fact that if I were to buy through them I wouldn't need to deal with the usual money-grabbing estate agents. And despite my earlier minor complaints, I'd still buy from them if the right property came up, which I wouldn't with say blundering blundells.

PS. I was wrong in my last post about having to scroll through the houses to see which are for sale and which aren't. As you can change the sort order to show all 'For sale' houses first. All that needs fixing is showing the specific area a house is in, so you don't have to view each houses details to find out.