Current experience with A1 Bus please

Hi everyone

I am aware that there are already a few threads about this bus but I have a couple of questions I would like people's current opinion on. Things change and I don't find it very helpful and relevant trawling through comments that are quite old.

The company I am working for is moving to Poplar Way. I am at this moment in time reliant on public transport. I am looking at either taking the 8.25am or 9am bus from the Interchange and the 4.32pm bus form Waverley, High Field Spring/ Brunel Way back to the Interchange.

Is there anybody on this Forum who takes those particular buses and if so what is your experience with them? Are they reliable; ie. do they turn up on time? Are they really full and people get turned away?

Thank you in advance and I would really appreciate if the moderators could keep this thread open and not link it with an old one.

Annette

I used this bus on Tuesday to go for an interview near Sheffield Airport...

I was at Sheffield interchange 10 mins before it was due, and was still sat there looking at the bus parked up with the driver asleep 20 minutes later! When he finally drove round to the stop and let me on, he apologised to me for being late but he'd not had a wink of sleep the night before because he'd been working so just needed to catch 5 minutes kip before he left again... Didn't fill me with confidence getting on the bus but due me having to attend an interview and it being the only bus I knew of going where I needed to be, I had no choice but to get on it,

Needless to say, I was 10 minutes late for my interview

Edited by SimoneH

Thank you for the replies so far. Simone's experience does not fill me with confidence. Good luck in your job search.

Is there anyone out there who does the journey daily?

Unfortunately the timings of the 32 means I won't be able to use that one.

Does anyone know what the public transport plans are to service that area?

Hi everyone

I am aware that there are already a few threads about this bus but I have a couple of questions I would like people's current opinion on. Things change and I don't find it very helpful and relevant trawling through comments that are quite old.

The company I am working for is moving to Poplar Way. I am at this moment in time reliant on public transport. I am looking at either taking the 8.25am or 9am bus from the Interchange and the 4.32pm bus form Waverley, High Field Spring/ Brunel Way back to the Interchange.

Is there anybody on this Forum who takes those particular buses and if so what is your experience with them? Are they reliable; ie. do they turn up on time? Are they really full and people get turned away?

Thank you in advance and I would really appreciate if the moderators could keep this thread open and not link it with an old one.

Annette

The few times I have caught it, it has been on time but i would always say allow an extra 15-20 minutes for your journey in case of traffic / delays. better to be early than late :D

I was using it when i was working out at the city airport when i was in between cars. It is by far the worst service ever.

The 7.55am service only runs a small single decker bus that was full including standing before it even left Sheffield interchange. So they promised to put on another one but it was very rarely that it was there.

Then on the way home the 4.55pm & 5.25pm was late everyday by at least 20mins and half the time they didnt even turn up.

And when they did turn up they couldnt give a rats bum. No apology or anything.

Bus drivers are generally rude & arrogant anyway.

Thank you Chipspice and Clown Shoes. Your comments are really appreciated.

Hi everyone

Annette

Good news we are finally getting a First bus instead of this awful service

http://www.rotherhambuspartnership.co.uk/network-summary

Dont get too excited. Cant see the service improving much if at all.

well it cant be any worse surely.

The route is actually going to be split into several different services:

69 will continue to run as now from Sheffield to Rotherham other than a minor route change in the Meadowhall area.

71 will run from Meadowhall via Shepcote Lane, Airport Business Park and Brinsworth to Rotherham

72/72A will run from Sheffield via Cricket Inn Road, Parkway Markets, Handsworth, Waverley, Catcliffe and Brinsworth to Rotherham. 72A will also serve Treeton.

74 will run from Sheffield via Attercliffe, Arena, Darnall, Airport Business Park and Catcliffe to Harthill.

A1 will run Meadowhall to Waverley via Airport Business Park.

It is also worth noting the current service 32 will no longer exist, replaced by the 70 Dore-Catcliffe. This will run the current 32 route Sheffield-Handsworth but then use the Parkway to Catcliffe.

The route is actually going to be split into several different services:

69 will continue to run as now from Sheffield to Rotherham other than a minor route change in the Meadowhall area.

71 will run from Meadowhall via Shepcote Lane, Airport Business Park and Brinsworth to Rotherham

72/72A will run from Sheffield via Cricket Inn Road, Parkway Markets, Handsworth, Waverley, Catcliffe and Brinsworth to Rotherham. 72A will also serve Treeton.

74 will run from Sheffield via Attercliffe, Arena, Darnall, Airport Business Park and Catcliffe to Harthill.

A1 will run Meadowhall to Waverley via Airport Business Park.

It is also worth noting the current service 32 will no longer exist, replaced by the 70 Dore-Catcliffe. This will run the current 32 route Sheffield-Handsworth but then use the Parkway to Catcliffe.

When will this change take place?