Channel 5: JFK's "real" killers revealed

The secret service agent George Hickey successfully sued the publishers of ‘Mortal error’

See Source

In April, 1995, George Hickey sued St. Martin's Press about what was said about him in the book, Mortal Error: The Shot that Killed JFK. His lawyer, Mark S. Zaid: "We're trying to stop this now while Hickey's still alive... He doesn't want his grandchildren growing up and hearing other children say, Hey, your grandfather killed the president of the United States." According to Zaid: "We settled the case then but only if it included an apology from the publisher that would send the message to most reasonable people that the theory was flawed."

George Hickey died in 2011. Aware that he could no longer be sued, Bonar Menninger worked with Colin McLaren, a veteran Australian police detective, to make a documentary, JFK: The Smoking Gun, repeating the claims.

Also, have a look at this WEBSITE that discusses Donahue's theory in detail.

Edited by Mantaspook
Added links.

As a result of the work I did I was in almost daily contact with the Police for over 28 years.

I got to know many of them very well, & would count a few as friends. All of them were of detective rank & above.

Like most people they enjoyed telling 'war story's'. One thing they were all in total agreement about was the fact that eyewitness reports were invariably unreliable.

In the Kennedy assassination however, we are supposed to believe that almost uniquely eyewitness accounts are gospel.

Despite the stress of the situation - shots being fired - everyone corroborates everyone else's story.

Amazing but not impossible I suppose. Everyone is also certain of the number of shots fired & from which direction. There were buildings in the area & the shots were fired from a building, no echo was reported. Strange but not impossible.

Lee Harvey Oswald was not the best shot in the world, he was using an Italian manufactured rifle a Carcano originally produced in 1891 & subject to several upgrades owing to it's poor performance. At no time was it ever claimed that this was a sniper rifle, it was a bog standard infantry weapon similar to, but not as good as the British 303.

Following the Second War the Italian forces replaced this Italian made weapon with the British Lee- Enfield & later with the US M1 Garand.

As stated previously Oswald took a shot at Major General Edwin Walker whilst he was stationary from a distance of 100 feet - 30 yards - & missed.

Despite this we are expected to believe that Oswald hit a moving head at three times the distance, downhill, partly obscured by trees during the time frame with a wind blowing?

We are expected to buy this despite the fact that expert snipers from the American forces tried to replicate the shot using the same weapon & failed not only to hit the target but also failed to match the firing time sequence?

Despite this,an absolute incompetent who got himself court martialed for accidentally shooting himself in the elbow with a 22 handgun & attempted an unsuccessful suicide in Russia pulled it off?

Not impossible I suppose but I have to say those Kennedy's were bloody unlucky weren't they?

Was it Lee Harvey Oswald or a more complex conspiriacy? Your opinions please.

That documentary on Chanel 5 the other day made a decent case, although it didn't explain everything.

One important point the raised was it was clear that the bullet that made the headshot was smaller than those fired by the rifle Oswald used.

Which if true kinda makes it impossible for Oswald to have fired the headshot, because the bullet didn't fit his gun.

Thats how I understood it, but obviously I know nothing about guns.

Edited by geared

Oswald without a doubt was the shooter. Not long after the shooting occured a police bulletin was put out giving his name and description. He was seen walking on the street by Dallas police officer Tippit. Tippit got out of his car and as he did so Oswald who had picked up a revolver at his home shot him in cold blood, the fatal shot given while Tippit was on the ground.

Oswald's cold blooded murder of Tippit can only indicate that he was as guilty as hell.

People who have nothing to hide dont shoot police officers.

Whether another shooter was involved will always be debateable but I tend to believe that people were never able to deal with the most powerful man in the world being gunned down by a pathetic little nobody like Oswald without a conspiracy being involved.

It's just human nature

According to the documentary, Oswald missed with the first shot, caused the throat injury with the second (which also hit the congressman in front of Kennedy,) but the most devastating head shot which killed the president came from a CIA bodyguard in the car behind, who, amidst all the panic and confusion, took the safety catch off his rifle and shot accidently when the car lurched forward.

All this was backed up by some very careful and convincing forensic science. The fact that much of the evidence had proved all but impossible to get hold of through official channels, also suggested to me that it was very probably the true version of events.

Oswald without a doubt was the shooter. Not long after the shooting occured a police bulletin was put out giving his name and description. He was seen walking on the street by Dallas police officer Tippit. Tippit got out of his car and as he did so Oswald who had picked up a revolver at his home shot him in cold blood, the fatal shot given while Tippit was on the ground.

Oswald's cold blooded murder of Tippit can only indicate that he was as guilty as hell.

People who have nothing to hide dont shoot police officers.

Whether another shooter was involved will always be debateable but I tend to believe that people were never able to deal with the most powerful man in the world being gunned down by a pathetic little nobody like Oswald without a conspiracy being involved.

It's just human nature

As I say I've just read 11.22.63 & while it's fiction of a kind it mentions George de Mohrenschildt and Harvey's possible attempt to kill Edwin Walker who was almost shot. If you read the book it makes you wonder if Mohrenschildt was involved, but I personally think he was like a "bullet loader" and Oswald fired the bullet.

What I mean is he got Oswald all het up, and although no involvement with JFK's death probably fueled LHO's hatred of things.

I don't know about the "grassy knoll" shooter, but it does show you that Kennedy was just as disliked as he was loved at that time, if he hadn't died could WW3 have happened? we'll never know.

I think Oswald killed him on his own & officer Tippit was just practically executed. This is one murder that people will still be arguing about in another 50 years.

I thought the grassy knoll idea went out the window long ago?

because JFK was shot in the back of the head, and the grassy knoll was in front of him.

Oswald was, as he himself stated, 'a patsy'. Neither Oswald or the weapon he used was capable of making the shot.

In his farewell address to the nation Eisenhower warned of the undemocratic influence of the Industrial Military Complex, an industry which makes multi - billions out of war.

Kennedy's death removed a President who was attempting to scale down Americas involvement in Vietnam & replaced him with a President who proceeded to escalate US involvement from 16,000 'observers' in 1963 to 550,000 fighting troops - dying at the rate of 1,000 a month - by 1968.

When a crime is committed & you want to know who was responsible, look at who gained the most.

That would be Lyndon Baines Johnson & the American Industrial Complex.

Obviously all would be revealed had Robert Kennedy been elected President. With the power he would then have had at his disposal there would be no way he would have allowed his brothers murderers to escape justice.

Oswald was, as he himself stated, 'a patsy'. Neither Oswald or the weapon he used was capable of making the shot.

In his farewell address to the nation Eisenhower warned of the undemocratic influence of the Industrial Military Complex, an industry which makes multi - billions out of war.

Kennedy's death removed a President who was attempting to scale down Americas involvement in Vietnam .

Wrong on two counts.

a) Oswald was well capable of the shot (see previous posts on the thread re: volunteers hitting targets with the same rifle make from the same distance).

b) Kennedy increased USA involvement in Vietnam from 900 troops to 16,000.

When a crime is committed & you want to know who was responsible, look at who gained the most.

So by these standards do you believe that a syndicate of florists killed Princess Diana?

That documentary on Chanel 5 the other day made a decent case, although it didn't explain everything.

One important point the raised was it was clear that the bullet that made the headshot was smaller than those fired by the rifle Oswald used.

Which if true kinda makes it impossible for Oswald to have fired the headshot, because the bullet didn't fit his gun.

Thats how I understood it, but obviously I know nothing about guns.

IIRC, the entry wound into JFK's head has been recorded as in 2 different positions, casting doubt on the forensic accuracy of the post mortem records as a whole. Also, the post mortem was pretty chaotic, with lots of outsiders. The hole was measured as 6mm, whereas the rounds fired from LHO's gun was 6.5mm. In the chaotic situation of the post mortem, how can we be confident that the recorded 6mm was accurate, and that it wasn't really a little bigger. I don't know how a bullet passes through a skull, but if it leaves a clean hole of the same diameter as the bullet itself, then we would expect it to be 6.5mm. Is it really impossible for a doctor to measure/record this and get it wrong by 0.5mm?