BIG problems with O2 3G in Sheffield.

Lots of people are having issues...

I know people on O2, Voda, EE, and 3 who keep having random drop outs (Myself included) around the town centre especially... :S

I work in S1 and rang O2 to complain, told them I would not be renewing my contract when it is up next year. They have given me £5 off every month until my renewal is due

Hi, Kermit103, well done for standing your ground, was this customer service who gave you the good will gesture or did you have to email or write to complaints?, as it would be very helpful knowing this.

Thanx

And again can mods please explain why this thread has been moved again when as you can see there is lots of interest and would be more beneficial to sheffield people if it was in the correct place in sheffield discussions, which deals with sheffield issues.

Thankyou.

Edited by j spendalot

Hi, Kermit103, well done for standing your ground, was this customer service who gave you the good will gesture or did you have to email or write to complaints?, as it would be very helpful knowing this.

Thanx

I emailed them first and they phoned me

Can't get 3g in most areas on mine, uses the H one. I forget what it stands for, but it is better than 3g. Or so I'm told.

Have noticed similar on O2 for several weeks now in and around the city centre. Loss of 3G signal, sites slow to load even on 3G and emails not coming through.

Often I will be on a GPRS signal where previously I had 3G.

I have spoken to O2 who assure me there are no faults with the network and have sent me a new SIM and insisted my phone be replaced. All of which has seen no improvement.

Threads merged.

Please search before creating a new thread.

Thank you.

Have noticed similar on O2 for several weeks now in and around the city centre. Loss of 3G signal, sites slow to load even on 3G and emails not coming through.

Often I will be on a GPRS signal where previously I had 3G.

I have spoken to O2 who assure me there are no faults with the network and have sent me a new SIM and insisted my phone be replaced. All of which has seen no improvement.

They tried telling me that it was my phone, till I pointed out that it's SIM-free and I'd already ruled it out by swapping the sim and connecting to two other networks and they worked faultlessly.

I phone o2 a week ago as i was getting a (not registered on network message when trying to make a call) they told me a mast at Greenhill was being upgraded to 4g and this was the problem...i st my phone to receive 2g only and it is fine now

in town centre yesterday I had

lots of problems making and receiving calls.

couldn't even get my voice mail at times :-(

...just saw the past above.. that explains it

They still seem to be having issues. I think by rushing their 4G rollout in the city they've screwed up their 3G network.