BIG problems with O2 3G in Sheffield.

I am with O2 and never have any problems, unless I am in Meadowhall where I very rarely get a signal.

Hi, I know that I've commented on another thread about O2, but it seems that things are going from bad to worse, basically my partner is having problems with the O2 network, (ie dropped calls, very slow or no 3G.), we have complained numerous times to O2, about this, which started last week to which he was told that there was no issues in the area.

After not been satisfied with that response, he phoned again and was put through to network services who tested his phone and said that it must be an issue with 3G, but if there is not enough complaints then they don't know about it!!, and was told that all the masts at that time were working in the area,

And the best thing to do for the time being is switch your phone to 2g,

Still not satisfied after ringing another 2 times, first time he was told there was 2 masts with problems in the area, and after today's conversation there is now 5 masts that have problems, but will not compensate him for the poor network service and having to go on 2g,

This he was told is going to go on until at least the 29th November, and could even go on longer!

The masts that are going to be worked on with the problems just around his area are:

Walkley,

Spital Hill,

Crookes valley park,

Kellham,

Shirecliffe,

And no doubt a lot more,

So I ask anyone who is having any o2 network or 3G problems in Sheffield to ring O2 customer services and ask to be put through to network services and also ask what O2 are going to do to compensate customers,

Thankyou and Good luck

Edited by j spendalot

well done spendalot, were in s12 and also having problems with drop calls all ready complaind to o2 but told there was no problems, it also seams since they turned on 4G they dont whant to be botherd about 3G customers is this just there way of get everyone to go on 4G and pay more ? so come on everyone that are having problems get complaning to o2 and let us all get a fair deal:help:

Hi, still struggling with network/3G problems, I did start another thread with information on from a phonecall today, but mods have taken it off straight away with no explanation, and all I was telling folks is the areas that are effected.

Thankyou.

Or you can just go to http://status.o2.co.uk/ and it'll tell you whether there are issues in your post code.

They've had problems in the city centre recently as well and those issues showed up on their status checker and are now resolved.

Im having same problems with slow to none existant 3G! Really pee's me off! Especially when i only get half an hour for my lunch and i want to browse internet while eating my sarnies and it takes half an hour to load 1 site!!

I was on West Street yesterday & couldnt update anything through 3G.

Even the apps that dont need much data like emails.

SKY did the same when they brought out HD. They weakened the normal signal to make it look amazingly better.

I was wondering what was wrong, I have no 3g but thought it was my phone, I might give them a ring and see what they say;

Having problems in S14 too, my 3G drops to E an also GPRS. Been happened on and off for a few weeks now, O2 said there were no reports of problems by anyone else.

Hubbys with o2, hasn't reported any problems but he doesnt really use it a lot to be fair.

PS: Mods whats going on? Thread was in Sheff discussions, moved to tech, OP complained, got it moved back and now its moved again? :loopy:

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I am with O2 and always have relatively poor coverage in the S5 area. indoor coverage is very poor. Same with all networks though. 3G is generally a poor service no matter what network you are on unless you are in the city centre. However my friend is on 3 and seems to have good coverage in the S5 area.