BIG problems with O2 3G in Sheffield.

hi all,

for about the last month on and off ive been getting really poor signal in the meadowhead area, but full signal say in centre of town - this is on o2 - anyone else getting similar?

thanks

dan

Ee, used to be t mobile, terrible after a certain time in the evening in that area, started loosing signal a couple of months ago, will be moving to 3, when contract is up

I've been getting it for weeks. Coincidentally my issues started the very same day O2 started in Sheffield with their 4G roll-out.

Before then 3G/HSDPA was pretty much spot on almost everywhere I normally go and never once dropped a call. Now I'm lucky to get EDGE/GPRS connectivity in many places (where it was HSDPA before) and on several occasions my calls have been dropped and "Emergency calls only" appears on screen.

I know it's not the phone as with it being sim-free I've had sims from other networks in and they've worked fine.

However even after a 2 HOUR call to O2, still they would not admit that they were at fault.

Bad time for them to be annoying a 10+ year customer, my contract is up soon & until this happened I was going to stay with them despite gaining employment with a rival network.

I used to get full signal at Norton, now it fluctuates between 1 bar to 2 bars

They've definitely slowed 3G significantly since they launched 4G.

We continue to be ripped off in this country.

thanks guys... ahh right.. bleeding 4g roll out :-\

bugger... I guess they are all at it now

cheers

Dan

Hi, At the moment myself and my partner are having terrible service on O2 including dropped calls and no 3G or very sloooow 3G, I phoned O2 this week to be told that there is no problems and no one else has reported about this, my partner has also phoned O2 and was put through to network services who run some tests on his phone, and found that it was not his phone at fault, but must be a problem with 3G, but no one else has reported this problem.

So I advise anyone else on O2 who is having the same problems anywhere in sheffield ( dropped calls, 3G problems ), to ring customer services and demand to speak to network services, if customer services will not put you through to network services, just keep ringing until they do, as the network services have said that the more people that report this issue in sheffield, the more it will be taken seriously, and will be looked into.

Thanx and good luck.!!

Hi, At the moment myself and my partner are having terrible service on O2 including dropped calls and no 3G or very sloooow 3G, I phoned O2 this week to be told that there is no problems and no one else has reported about this, my partner has also phoned O2 and was put through to network services who run some tests on his phone, and found that it was not his phone at fault, but must be a problem with 3G, but no one else has reported this problem.

So I advise anyone else on O2 who is having the same problems anywhere in sheffield ( dropped calls, 3G problems ), to ring customer services and demand to speak to network services, if customer services will not put you through to network services, just keep ringing until they do, as the network services have said that the more people that report this issue in sheffield, the more it will be taken seriously, and will be looked into.

Thanx and good luck.!!

Bold - Well that's an outright lie. I reported it, I know of several others that have phoned o2 to complain about the same issue also.

City Taxis installed new taxi data heads in their cars, these are new systems that are modern and no longer need an antenna because they are installed with a sim card via the O2 network.

But since they have been upgrading the mast at Western Bank to 4g there's been major problems with it dropping out.

Worst areas are;

Western Bank

Meadowhall

Charnock,Mhead

O2 apparently told City they can't find the problem that is causing it to fail.

Hi, me and my partner suspected this, but O2 are trying to hide it, so the more people that keep ringing constantly reporting this issue, the more chance that they will take it seriously.

And it does seem to be a lot of areas in sheffield.

S5

S6

S12

City centre,

Thanx.

Edited by j spendalot

Had issue all day with data. Just couldn't get online using 3G data.

Hi, me and my partner suspected this, but O2 are trying to hide it, so the more people that keep ringing constantly reporting this issue, the more chance that they will take it seriously.

And it does seem to be a lot of areas in sheffield.

S5

S6

S12

City centre,

Thanx.

Add S26, S60, S62 & S63. Ok so the last three are Rotherham areas, I travel through them to get to work but it's part of the same issue and clearly shows it's a system wide problem.