Early exit from World war 2

i believe that upon the result of germany winning the war shortly after hitler and his cohorts would have been assasinated and the whermacht would have taken control thereby bringing lasting peace and prosperity to a europe far too dependant on america.

i believe that upon the result of germany winning the war shortly after hitler and his cohorts would have been assasinated and the whermacht would have taken control thereby bringing lasting peace and prosperity to a europe far too dependant on america.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: Pathetic

And I suppose the SS and the Gestapo would just have allowed that to happen like they wouldnt have died to a man defending the Fuhrer.

No matter what is said about Hitler right or wrong give the man credit from rising out of poverty in Austria to being a national leader and a very powerful one at that.The man had the foreign politicians shaking in their boots this little corporal was a world force.He is also the most talked about person in the world today all the years after his death.Lets also give him credit for his bravery in the first world war as a trench runner one of the most dangerous jobs of all for which he was awarded a medal.He also got Germany of the floor and made it a world power.We the victors write the history to suit our own ends and always will.The Germans loved their little corporal whilst they were doing well but soon turned against him when the chips were down.

Edited by bullerboY

No matter what is said about Hitler right or wrong give the man credit from rising out of poverty in Austria to being a national leader and a very powerful one at that.The man had the foreign politicians shaking in their boots this little corporal was a world force.He is also the most talked about person in the world today all the years after his death.Lets also give him credit for his bravery in the first world war as a trench runner one of the most dangerous jobs of all for which he was awarded a medal.He also got Germany of the floor and made it a world power.We the victors write the history to suit our own ends and always will.The Germans loved their little corporal whilst they were doing well but soon turned against him when the chips were down.

I'd say the wrong part is that he was responsible for the deaths of 50 million Europeans over five years.

I'd say the wrong part is that he was responsible for the deaths of 50 million Europeans over five years.
No one is disputing that,not only him who was responsible for those deaths your lot in yankee land didnt do too badly.You lot killed as many allies with friendly fire.

I've not read all the thread but and I know this is off subject but I can't resist :-

"It only takes a good man to do nothing for evil to prosper"

Where would Saddam Hussain be now if we hadn't made a stand?

More chemical attacks on his own people , and maybe others, for a start. . . . .

No one is disputing that,not only him who was responsible for those deaths your lot in yankee land didnt do too badly.You lot killed as many allies with friendly fire.

What a load of bolex. Deaths by friendly fire there were but that happens in all wars but you talk as if there were thousands Your ignorance of facts is astounding. Nearly 800 American troops lost their lives in May 1944 in the Slapton Sands disaster thanks to a muck up by the British handlers of that D Day practice operation.

Churchill and his Dieppe raid exercise in 1943 was responsible for the deaths and capture of hundreds of Canadian troops and Montgomery's Market Garden operation in July of 1944 which purposely ignored intelligence reports wiped out a whole British parachute brigade.

If you want to make exaggerated claims about allied deaths unecessarily caused you'd better know your facts first. Your up against the wrong person here matey

---------- Post added 15-11-2013 at 23:28 ----------

I've not read all the thread but and I know this is off subject but I can't resist :-

More chemical attacks on his own people , and maybe others, for a start. . . . .

Perhaps the so called Arab Spring would have eventually reached Iraq and the slaughter on both sides rivaling that of what's taking place in Syria

Doesn't say much for the Germans who fell for a Viennese snow shoveller who rose to the lofty rank of Corporal during WWI.

' All that it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing'.

Edmund Burke, Irish Statesman & political philosopher. Brilliant man, but that statement is a little black & white don't you think?

It assumes one side good, one side bad.

The estimates of Iraqi dead in the ten years of conflict stand in excess of 450,000 most of whom were civilians, including women & children.

Would that number be dead had no invasion taken place?

The current situation is that American Oil will receive 75% of Iraqi oil profits for the next 30 years & Halliburton - Dick Cheney's former company - will make Billions in reconstruction contracts rebuilding what the US military destroyed.

Can you point out to me who is the good guy here, & who is the bad guy?

Thanks for the accurate quote, much more elegant.

mjw47 - You seemed to take on the black white, good bad thing. True to form you then offer evidence about one side only.

The inference is that Saddam's the good guy.

Thanks for the accurate quote, much more elegant.

mjw47 - You seemed to take on the black white, good bad thing. True to form you then offer evidence about one side only.

The inference is that Saddam's the good guy.

No Flanker, I implied there are no good guys. I assumed it would be taken as read that Saddam, a man who gassed the Kurds & thought nothing of murdering his own people was definitely a bad guy. :)