Do you work in the justice system/legal sector?

Hi, i'm applying for the Law and criminology degree at hallam uni for september and would like to put on my application that i have done some shadowing in this sector. I have started volunteering for an.alcohol service but would like to experiance something more specific. I will be writing to the courts shortly to see if i can.shadow anybody. If you work in this sector would you consider letting me shadow you, if only for a few hours one day? im 30 with 3 children, i have worked in the NHS for 4 years previously and i am currently on an access course at Rotherham college. Any oppurtunity would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

What area of law are you looking to get into? I did the same degree as you.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

What area of law are you looking to get into? I did the same degree as you.

Hi, probation, courts or prison service but to be honest alot of other areas do to.

Have you finished the degree? what are you doing now? did you enjoy the degree?

Hi, probation, courts or prison service but to be honest alot of other areas do to.

Have you finished the degree? what are you doing now? did you enjoy the degree?

You need to get in touch with one of the criminal firms like Howells and ask to shadow their outdoor clerks at crown court I think. They're usually fairly helpful.

I finished that degree 20 years ago. :-) Been working as a lawyer since qualifying. I thought it was ok but it wasn't what I expected. I thought as a young 18 year old that it'd be all serial killers and glamorous crimes. It wasn't.

You need to get in touch with one of the criminal firms like Howells and ask to shadow their outdoor clerks at crown court I think. They're usually fairly helpful.

I finished that degree 20 years ago. :-) Been working as a lawyer since qualifying. I thought it was ok but it wasn't what I expected. I thought as a young 18 year old that it'd be all serial killers and glamorous crimes. It wasn't.

Thankyou for your advice, i will make some calls tommorow. Do you enjoy your job though?

Thankyou for your advice, i will make some calls tommorow. Do you enjoy your job though?

Sometimes! :-)