Pay Car park opposite Fat Cat closes today

Ther are Council car parks in that area where you can park for £2 a day:

• Ebeneezer Street
  • Trinity Street

And Copper Street is £3 per day.

See: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/travel/driving/parking/city-centre/car-parks.html

How many spaces? And won't they already be taken up...

29 total spaces, I didn't count Cooper Street as I asked for the £2 car parks not £3.

Those three car parks are usually around half full on a weekday. They won't accommodate all the displaced parking, but there are other alternatives.

Blonk St NCP isn't too far away, £2.50/day

Those three car parks are usually around half full on a weekday. They won't accommodate all the displaced parking, but there are other alternatives.

Blonk St NCP isn't too far away, £2.50/day

305 spaces is excellent. But there is nothing else available which ticks ALL the boxes I asked for. You're best bet is NCP but it's not £2.

Edited by byeo

Look out for yellow lines and/or pay and display around the closed car park area.

Is the cheap car park near the bottom of Pitsmoor on Chatham street going to close as well?

This council really hates motorists. Parking is already a nightmare for residents and businesses in the area and now they just made it 10x worse and thats before you take into consideration the crazy "Little Kelham" development. Anyone willing to buy a house down there is bonkers and needs locking up!

305 spaces is excellent. But there is nothing else available which ticks ALL the boxes I asked for. You're best bet is NCP but it's not £2.

It's annoying for the people parking there that they have lost a cheap space, but it's not the councils job to provide them with that. There are still cheap car parks out there, many half-full.

As Planner1 has already said, these CPs are temporary for a reason. This site has a pretty genuine residential proposal currently being considered and when I've had my ear to the ground I've heard that they are looking to get on site pretty quickly. With little kelham, another development down near Dunfields(?) and this, there is a bit of confidence around Kelham Island.

---------- Post added 13-11-2013 at 13:51 ----------

This council really hates motorists.

*yawn*

Parking is already a nightmare for residents and businesses in the area and now they just made it 10x worse and thats before you take into consideration the crazy "Little Kelham" development. Anyone willing to buy a house down there is bonkers and needs locking up!

A lot of the new developments come with parking spaces. Of course, you can't account for a lot of the people who choose to have more than one car per residence when they don't need one.

Also, I'm not sure private developers are stupid enough to build these properties if they really felt no one would buy them, particularly in a growing area like Kelham Island. Clearly they think there is a market down there.

Best get there early and take advantage of the Council's bargain parking then!

Best get there early and take advantage of the Council's bargain parking then!

:hihi: I'll continue to park for free thanks. I just feel sorry for the poor sods who parked opposite the Fat Cat. SCC won't get anymore money than they are entitled to out of me.

I wonder if its something to do with the proposed" Little Kelham " development across the road?

its a completely different owner / developer to the citu little kelham project

the car park will be 52 apartments/flats also talk of a kfc and mini super market

think its sainsbury

its a completely different owner / developer to the citu little kelham project

the car park will be 52 apartments/flats also talk of a kfc and mini super market

think its sainsbury

Thats a real shame, Kelham Island is a little gem with some fantastic (and very busy) bars and restaurants and of course the museum that could be nurtured and made very successful, KFC and Sainsburys hardly fit the bill for what makes the area so attractive.

As for the parking it will be quite difficult to park within a reasonable distance down there now as on a weekend all the street parking is usually full.

the crazy "Little Kelham" development. Anyone willing to buy a house down there is bonkers and needs locking up!

What on earth are you talking about?