Browsing in US from UK IP address?

I am interested to explore some of the educational programs available in US Universities - but here's the drag, some of them know I am browsing from outside the US and block the content

I am guess anonymous surfing wont help? Mostly it is video clips I am looking at so really slow anonymous surfing isn't going to be ideal

You could try a VPN service that is located in the US, you'd have to pay to use one tho.

You might be able to find a free proxy or something - not entirely sure I'd trust one tho.

Try the free version of Anonymox. You can select USA in the settings.

Or if you post a link i'll try see if it let's me through before you install it.

Tunnelbear is also free. You get 500mb for free, but if youre on twitter, can get an extra gig for free.

Unlimited is $5 a month

You need a fast VPN. Do a search on anything but Google (https://startpage.com is good and private). Companies like Witopia do a good job of making the whole process very easy so you can easily switch countries. StrongVPN is another reasonable one. Indeed, everyone should consider using a VPN to mask your IP address and stop companies like Google building up an advertising profile of you via your web habits.

Tunnelbear is also free. You get 500mb for free, but if youre on twitter, can get an extra gig for free.

Unlimited is $5 a month

Good tip - I always use this one too.

I'd recommend Earth VPN. - I've used them myself and never had any issues regarding speed, connectivity or customer service.

You would just need to connect to one of the US Servers (72 to choose from in 17 different cities) and your IP address would show as US enabling you to watch your vids. - The same goes for brits on holiday, just connect to one of the UK servers to be able to watch iPlayer etc.

They currently offer 176 servers in 87 locations, spread across 32 countries on 6 continents...all for $3.99 p/m (approx £2.50) or $39.99 p/a (approx £25).

Main Features Include:

• PPTP, L2TP, SSTP, OpenVPN supported. (SSH/Socks Proxy upgrade available)
  • Windows, Linux, OSX, Android, iPhone/iPad supported
  • Absolutely No Logs kept (Earth are located in the jurisdiction of Northern Cyprus where there is no log retention law.)
  • Unlimited Bandwidth & Speed (see Speedtest feature on the website)
  • P2P & Torrent Supported Servers on each continent.
  • Easy step by step setup guides on the website
  • 7 Day Money Back Guarantee
  • Bypass location restrictions and ISP filtering.

There's plenty of info on their site including a comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page where you'll find answers to pretty much any questions you may have.

And with the 7 day money back guarantee, you can't really go wrong.

Earth VPN Website:thumbsup:

Unlimited is $5 a month

I thought hiding your IP address was against forum rules? Yet we have a moderator recommending it :thumbsup:

I thought hiding your IP address was against forum rules? Yet we have a moderator recommending it :thumbsup:

Why would it be against forum rules?

This forum is open isn't it?

We have members posting from foreign countries all the time??

There's no rule regarding the using of proxy servers, i checked with an Admin a while back. :)

The person in question was asking how to access US course work and not try to troll Sheffield Forum, big difference.