Problem Loading Internet Explorer Up

Can anyone help me please? My laptop has decided to start playing up. Everytime I click to open internet explorer, I am faced with it freezing and not responding message. I have scanned for malware, nothin found, I am running windows xp and Internet explorer 10. I have tried to do a system restore bit no dates are available before the problem started.

Thanks

Tom

Everytime I click to open internet explorer, I am faced with it freezing and not responding message.

First step is to try opening it in no add-ons mode. Press your windows key + R on your keyboard to open a run command window. Type:

iexplore.exe -extoff

(note the space between iexplore.exe and -extoff)

..and click ok

Does it load and perform ok? If so, reset IE.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Also look at: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/ie_freezes_or_crashes

Swarfendor, I have tried this but when it restarts it says the uninstall was unsuccessful. I have tried to open internet explorer no ad ons but I'm still getting the not responding message.

Have you had a look in your Event Log to see if Windows is recording any errors/warnings?

Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools - Event Viewer, open this then look in Windows Logs -> Application and Windows Logs -> System. They're all dated so look at what happens when you open IE.

I have tried to open internet explorer no ad ons but I'm still getting the not responding message.

Boot to safe mode. Restart and press f8 continually at start-up untill you see the advanced boot options menu. Choose safe mode with networking

Start IE in both normally, and in no add-ons mode. Does either way show the not responding message?

Proobedb no luck with this and waddler8 no luck with this either :-(.

if you did update through windows then go programs and features, into list of installed updates and select uninstall update, this should revert you back to ie9. then if you wish, update to ie 10 and try again

Proobedb no luck with this and waddler8 no luck with this either :-(.

Still having problems?

Post me a DDS log - should take 2-3 minutes.

Download DDS from the link below and save it to your desktop:

Link

After you've downloaded it and saved it to your desktop:

• Double click DDS to run it.
  • Click Start
  • When it's finished, DDS will open two logs:

1. DDS.txt

2. Attach.txt

Save both reports to your desktop.

Copy & paste the contents of just DDS.txt for now and post it here (you may need to split the log over separate posts)