Stolen I phone from Westfield sports centre halfway

Hi all

Just want to say that one of my employees had her phone taken last Thursday at Westfield Sports School swimming baths at Halfway Sheffiled.

I realise that some people need to do such things as they struggle to feed kids, pay bills etc which we all understand.

My problem is that this phone has some really great pics on it, these pics will never be able to be taken again as they included the owners sister on who died at the tender age of 33. Our staff member is not asking for her phone back, just the sim card that has these pics on.

Please please please, keep the phone, it is a material item that will be replaced but the photos will never be replaced. Please post the sim card to Mill Cottage, Plisley Road, Lower Pilsley Chesterfield S45 8DL

Thank you so much, if you can not afford a stamp that is ok just write on the envelope to be paid on arrival, thanks Di x:)

You can locate any iphone thats turned on using the 'Find my iphone' app which is part of the system from iOS7, but has been available as a download for years.

iphone also backup all photo's, contacts and other stuff to online storage.

This is assuming of course that these things have been setup on the phone by the user, but since the app is free and has been around for years there's really no reason not to have it.

Hi I am not sure,will ask her. I am no good at the technical things. She is devastated that the photos have gone. She has been through so much and helps so many other people even now. I just hope it was worth it to the person who stole it from her. They would only know how much it means to her if it ever happened to them which I really hope it doesn't. so sad x

If she had synced her phone on the computer using iTunes, the photos taken by the phone should have been backed up by iTunes. Of course the data will only be backed up on the date of the last sync.

The photos will not be on the SIM card, it will be stored in the phone's memory.

Thank you but no, just took the photo's on her phone. It was so sudden didn't think to do anything like saving them anywhere else. So sad, she has her memory's but would have liked the photos to go with them. We as a company would willingly buy the phone back and the photos anonymously, just need the photos back please. please help if you can, the photos are worth more than the phone. Thanks Lv Di x

:(

Scum of the earth like this couldn't care less, unfortunately they lack any kind of conscience and I've no doubt the phone will have been wiped of any data by now anyway, they'll no doubt have done that as soon as they could.

I commend yours / their ability to forgive though, if the world was full of people like you then we wouldn't have these problems.

I suspect this poor person will never see her pictures again.It never ceases to amaze me that people still do not back devices up.

If you treasure something you look after it,you don't take it out and leave it in a place where it can easily be stolen.

An item of sentimental value is only valuable to it's owner.You can not exchange it for drugs.

Learn from other peoples mistakes.

If she took a icloud backup or set it up to use icloud (it normally does this anyway)

try and login to icloud.com

if you can see some details on there like contacts etc there is every chance when you get a new phone you get the option to restore from backup on iCloud, if its backed up it will restore the pictures as well to the new phone.

---------- Post added 10-11-2013 at 09:20 ----------

the icloud id is the username and password you use to download apps from the app store.

If she took a icloud backup or set it up to use icloud (it normally does this anyway)

try and login to icloud.com

if you can see some details on there like contacts etc there is every chance when you get a new phone you get the option to restore from backup on iCloud, if its backed up it will restore the pictures as well to the new phone.

---------- Post added 10-11-2013 at 09:20 ----------

the icloud id is the username and password you use to download apps from the app store.

Whats said here. She needs to try and also she needs to try and use the gps to locate it.

Hi All

Thank you for all of your advice. I will show her these messages as I don't understand some of the things that has been mentioned on here, I am sure she will as she is more technical than me. Also thank you V Ross for the kind words. Thanks Di x