Marine found guilty of murder

Its you that is being argumentative, he wasn't tried by his peers, I've asked you to provide a link to the definition of peer which would work in this case, but you can't.

Ok, what you do you understand by the legal phrase trial by peers? Do you believe that to receive a fair trial can I only be tried by bad tempered, southern married fathers, in their late 30s, with a university degree working in a research based profession?

Ok, what you do you understand by the legal phrase trial by peers? Do you believe that to receive a fair trial can I only be tried by southern married fathers, in their late 30s, with a university degree working in a research based profession?

What I understand is that he wasn't tried by his peers, he was tried by his superiors.

What I understand is that he wasn't tried by his peers, he was tried by his superiors.

So do you believe that anybody in this country are actually tried by their peers?

More to the point would the people that are happy to see the marine in jail, be condemning the actions of the insurgent, or would they as usual be making excuses for him.

---------- Post added 10-11-2013 at 21:06 ----------

I didn't need Google to know that he wasn't tried by his peers, you seam intent on laboring a point you have lost.

I find so hard to picture a world where an afghan insurgent is tried for murder. Lets say he is arrested (possibly by elvis riding in on shergar) and is found guilty in court (judged by lord Lucan) yeah I'd be thrilled to see him jailed!!!!

I think we are some way from that happening in Afghanistan (or Iraq when those red caps were killed - we're no closer to seeing justice there either as far as I know).

---------- Post added 10-11-2013 at 21:12 ----------

Something he knew would happen when he signed up or at least after 20 years of service.

I don't agree with what the soldier did.............but!!! if the boot was on the other foot and it was an Afghan soldier that held the gun and killed a british soldier would they be facing a prison sentence.

You've not considered that's what separates us from savages?

You've not considered that's what separates us from savages?

you cant say that BF:o:o:o:o Halibut will be along in a minute to chastise you:gag:

Almost certainly not, but so what?

So What ? thats about par for the course

you cant say that BF:o:o:o:o Halibut will be along in a minute to chastise you:gag:

I wasn't referring to anyone specifically Adam, honest ;)

---------- Post added 10-11-2013 at 21:18 ----------

So What ? thats about par for the course

I think the point is we don't have to reduce ourselves to the lowest common denominator.

Something he knew would happen when he signed up or at least after 20 years of service.

I haven't disputed that.

I'm surprised they don't issue an order that every soldier has to say to the enemy, "excuse me sir, do you mind if I just shoot you" and await his reply before shooting him.......:roll:

Well of course you did..you looked and thought.."Bingo" it's how you post, it's you modus operandi.

Out of interest, do you have an issue with him being judged by his "superiors"? Superiors with with long standing experience.

I didn't need Google to know that he wasn't tried by his peers, you seam intent on laboring a point you have lost.

You mean like...

"he was found guilty to appease people like you"

..to which you still haven't explained. I understand why you didn't explain and "lost" :roll:

And I did concede on the literal meaning, unless you interpreted " I'll give it to you" as something else.

I'm surprised they don't issue an order that every soldier has to say to the enemy, "excuse me sir, do you mind if I just shoot you" and await his reply before shooting him.......:roll:

The rules of engagement are too strict out there already. Google them and be shocked!