Tory MP's bid to name August Bank Holiday after Margaret Thatcher

Is the man a complete berk, does he not realise that they abandoned the party due to its awful policies, just naming a day after a woman who was about as popular as "a fart in a spacesuit" wouldn't not bring back voters.

Depends on which side of the fence you sit. To many, many people, myself included she was the greatest prime minister we have had since Churchill.

---------- Post added 10-11-2013 at 18:41 ----------

apparently the good folk of goldthorpe are going to remember her death every year :partyhat:

What do you expect from backward ex mining communities.

Depends on which side of the fence you sit. To many, many people, myself included she was the greatest prime minister we have had since Churchill.

---------- Post added 10-11-2013 at 18:41 ----------

What do you expect from backward ex mining communities.

In this post you sum up everything that i believe a "tory" to be,arrogant,selfish,stuck up their own arris,snobby and totally blind to the truth.

thanks for confirming it for me:rant::rant:

We could have a day where we all go on strike, where we all live in the past and where we scare away all investors by acting like we are starring in the wicker man, I call it Goldthorpe day.

I know what you mean, Donald Trump and Bill Gates were due to come over and outline plans for turning the Dearne Valley into the new Silicon Valley.

Edited by Stan Tamudo

The country was in a far, FAR better place in 1990 than it was in 1979. Yes, a lot of people lost their jobs but those jobs were simply not viable anymore. That would have been the case with or without MT. Labour might have subsidised them for a while longer but sooner or later, they were doomed.

OK, as a matter of interest, name one policy that you think was so great that it would change my mind about the witch

---------- Post added 10-11-2013 at 21:23 ----------

Oh?? Why?? Name a policy that was so great that it would convince me that the witch was the best thing since sliced bread

May Day should be named Thatcher day, to signify her overthrow of the left.

May Day should be named Thatcher day, to signify her overthrow of the left.

She didn't overthrow us, we're still here.

A Maggie is dead day would be ACE!! Imagine the firework party's and general mayhem. I say YES!!

Means me buying more fireworks though > which is all good!!

We could turn it into a new bonfire night with Maggies made of old suits and wigs. The new Guy Fawkes. Oh yes!!

A Maggie is dead day would be ACE!! Imagine the firework party's and general mayhem. I say YES!!

Means me buying more fireworks though > which is all good!!

We could turn it into a new bonfire night with Maggies made of old suits and wigs. The new Guy Fawkes. Oh yes!!

I'd just twist it into a celebration of her life. :love:

:hihi:

Fine! Just as long as you bring some fireworks!! We can have a battle in the garden!! :hihi::hihi:

Exactly :love:

Fine! Just as long as you bring some fireworks!! We can have a battle in the garden!! :hihi::hihi:

Deal ! :D

She didn't overthrow us, we're still here.

Come on Stan Tomato, you thrive on being down trodden.