Sign in to follow this  

Stagecoach In Yorkshire

Does anyone know when new buses will arrive in yorkshire i am told by someone that i know that 100 new buses have been ordered and that most of them are heading for yorkshire and lincolnshire so i was just wondering if anyone knows when this is going to happen?

i was told that it would be happening in april where terrier are going to operate more routes and run at nights and weekends he also said that he knows a first manager from south yorkshire and he said that first are very worried now as south yorkshire is firsts most profitable route and the only area in the country where there is no proper competition.

I know that a new stagecoach man as arrived in barnsley and is now working on the x12 sypte tendered bus service between rotherham and barnsley.

and apperantly there are 4 new solos heading to traction 2 for yorkshire and 2 for lincolnshire.

i have some pics of the new stagecoach man bus inside and out on my transport website which is http://south-yorkshire.fotopic.net/

for the individual pictures click on the link below,

inside the new stagecoach in yorkshire man bus,

http://south-yorkshire.fotopic.net/p26299798.html

outside the new stagecoach in yorkshire man bus

http://south-yorkshire.fotopic.net/p26299800.html

I also have some buses that have been repainted into stagecoach in yorkshire colours the links are below,

Ex Tracy 144 rawmarsh depot (rotherham) V144MAK, 31944 Volvo B6BLE ELC Spryte

http://south-yorkshire.fotopic.net/p26299789.html

Ex tracky 625 K5YCL, 14835 Leyland Olympian Northern Counties Palatine I

Rear view http://south-yorkshire.fotopic.net/p26299795.html

Side View http://south-yorkshire.fotopic.net/p26009608.html

Thats all the newly stagecoach bus repaints that i have got for the moment,

Please discuss below if you know anything about the yorkshire traction (tracky) company takeover and if you know anything about what stagecoach intend to do?

eg new buses, more routes, more frequent, lower fares etc.

thanks.

Optare Solo scores again in Stagecoach orders

Optare's low floor Solo midi-bus has again found favour with one of Britain's biggest bus operators. In its annual order announcement Stagecoach revealed that it is to order 95 more Solos to join the 213 it already has in service bringing the total to 308 vehicles.

Part of a 460-bus order worth in total some £50 million and due for delivery this year, the Stagecoach announcement underlines the popularity of the Solo amongst the UK's largest fleets. Stagecoach first bought Solo in 2001 and the latest vehicles are expected to operate across the Stagecoach network and at their newly acquired Yorkshire Traction operation.

"We are delighted that we have further strengthened our relationship with Stagecoach this year and - coming on top of our record sales and production performance in 2005 - this demonstrates Solo's dominance of its market sector", said Bob Coombes, Optare's Group Managing Director. "We have worked hard to make our products attractive, cost efficient and reliable to both large and small operators and this order shows that we are able to secure repeat business from one of the largest and most professional operators in our industry".

so it looks like stagecoach in yorkshire will be getting some more new buses over the coming year.

I have just been informed that next week 2 new solos are to enter service with stagecoach in yorkshire.

they will probabily be running on the x12 between rotherham and doncaster,

hopefully when i see one i will take a picture inside and outside to show you all what they are like inside and outside.

please check on my website over the coming weeks hopefully i will have some more new pictures of new stagecoach buses arriving in yorkshire.

http://south-yorkshire.fotopic.net/

I think we'll know more whenthe next main registration changes take place at the end of April as part of the 4XY changes. I understand that Stagecoach will just update the Terrier/YTC colours. Hopefully they'll be done the same as the Tram which looks smart.

On your website (nit picking BTW as i can see you've done your work), the First Bus depot you have is actuall a SYPTE site (Rotherham Interchange)

i was told that it would be happening in april where terrier are going to operate more routes and run at nights and weekends he also said that he knows a first manager from south yorkshire and he said that first are very worried now as south yorkshire is firsts most profitable route and the only area in the country where there is no proper competition.

Oh yes. Lets hope so. It's brown trouser time down at First.:clap: :clap: :banana::thumbsup::banana:

I can not remember if the press release gave a delivery date. However there is word on the street that they will operating some feeder services to the supertram in sheffield from out lying areas.

Oh yes. Lets hope so. It's brown trouser time down at First.:clap: :clap: :banana::thumbsup::banana:

Very brown trouser time I'd say the guillotine is already being sharpened up in the back room.

Very brown trouser time I'd say the guillotine is already being sharpened up in the back room.

Carefull lad,,,,watch out for those pink slips dishing em out like christmas cards at the moment.lol

I heard first had a new uniform but didn't think the trousers were brown lol:D :P :P

Thank god there will hopefully be decent competition (no offence Terrier) to First.

First South Yorkshire are appalling what with frequent fare increases, service reductions and smaller buses.

Apparently Virgin Trains are going to issue all their staff with synchronised atomic watches.

Perhaps First South Yorkshire could do the same.