Rotherham bus partnership consultation

Following the formation of the Sheffield bus partnership and the network and ticketing changes implemented last October, it is now Rotherham's turn. The consultation website is now live and it should be noted some services around the Sheffield/Rotherham border are affected.

http://www.rotherhambuspartnership.co.uk/

hi thanks andy as did nt no when do the bus changes take place as 27 changing and not coming through killamarsh getting 271 every two hours my daughter will be pleased as this is the only bus that goes to school and loosing 29 a not good

The changes to the bus network will take place in April 2014.

I would urge anyone that uses buses in or near Rotherham to take a look at the consultation website and fill in the survey and make your views known.

Personally I'm not happy because I travel to Harthill on a weekly basis and the only buses they propose running to Harthill is from Rothertham via Treeton - no X14 to Sheffield outside peak hours and no 29A to Halfway tram terminus!

In your case den37, between Crystal Peaks and Killamarsh there will still be the Supertramlink3 bus as a frequent alternative to the 27, my suggestion to the proposals would be to ditch the 271 altogether and extend the SL3 beyond Killamarsh and do a one way loop around Norwood, Kiveton, Harthill and Woodall.

hi sl3 is great but no good as kids go to kivo to school that would be a good idea and loosing 29 a too not good i have complained on there lol

I get the impression a lot of people aren't happy with the proposed bus changes. The first consultation event held at Harthill Village Hall last week was apparently very well attended and the PTE rep didn't have enough survey forms for everyone!

Locals unhappy at losses of direct links to Crystal Peaks, Sheffield, Worksop and Rotherham Hospital plus complete withdrawal of buses from Thorpe Salvin and Woodall.

hi well lets hope they listen to the people for once on another note worked out i catch 25 buses a week lol thanks :-)

The planned changes due to take place this July are now on the website at http://www.rotherhambuspartnership.co.uk.

As well as the network changes, new 'Rotherham Connect' tickets will be introduced valid on all operators bus services in Rotherham. The launch price will be £4.50 for a day ticket and £17 for a weekly ticket, sold by bus drivers. There will also be a 28 day version sold at Travel South Yorkshire information centres.

---------- Post added 11-05-2014 at 23:33 ----------

Here is a summary of network changes that impact on Sheffield:

Withdrawn

routes 27A,32,34,35,271,X14

Altered

A1 - will only run Meadowhall-Waverley

22/22X - all will be route 22 but First running Meadowhall-Wath and Stagecoach Rotherham-Barnsley.

27 -will only run Rotherham-Crystal Peaks (ie not to Killamarsh & Dinnington)

29A - will only run Rotherham-Harthill (ie not to Killamarsh and Halfway)

31 - increased frequency Meadowhall-Brinsworth-Rotherham

69 - minor route change

70 - Dore to Sheffield bus extended to Catcliffe via Arbourthorne, Manor Top and Handsworth

New buses

22M - Meadowhall-Rotherham replaces route 34

26/26A - circular route Crystal Peaks-Killamarsh-Kiveton/Harthill-Thorpe Salvin

71 Rotherham-Meadowhall via Canklow, Brinsworth and Sheffield Business Park

72 Sheffield-Parkway Industrial Estate-Handsworth-Brinsworth-Rotherham

72A evening and Sunday version of 72 that runs via Treeton

74 Sheffield-Attercliffe-Tinsley Park-Treeton-Aston-Todwick-Harthill

X55 Sheffield-Dinnington: peak hour only version of X5, uses A57 Aston-Dinnington.

Edited by Andy C

I particularly love how the webiste gives next to no real information and is full of * & **'s of which a key to what these mean hasn't been published on the pages that these appear.

It's like they're trying to hide something . . . . .

yup - vague, riddled with errors and the map isn't yet ready!

Could do with a bus from Wath to Sheffield centre.

Looks like I will be able to get the 22 Wath to Meadowhall, which means I could change bus at Meadowhall Interchange instead of Rotherham Interchange.

New timetables have started to appear online to download

Services operated by First: http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/sout...orthcoming.php

Services operated by TM Travel: http://www.tmtravel.co.uk/bus-times/south-yorkshire/

The new route map is here: http://www.rotherhambuspartnership.co.uk/network-map

Edited by Andy C

Guest busdriver1
The planned changes due to take place this July are now on the website at http://www.rotherhambuspartnership.co.uk.

As well as the network changes, new 'Rotherham Connect' tickets will be introduced valid on all operators bus services in Rotherham. The launch price will be £4.50 for a day ticket and £17 for a weekly ticket, sold by bus drivers. There will also be a 28 day version sold at Travel South Yorkshire information centres.

---------- Post added 11-05-2014 at 23:33 ----------

Here is a summary of network changes that impact on Sheffield:

Withdrawn

routes 27A,32,34,35,271,X14

Altered

A1 - will only run Meadowhall-Waverley

22/22X - all will be route 22 but First running Meadowhall-Wath and Stagecoach Rotherham-Barnsley.

27 -will only run Rotherham-Crystal Peaks (ie not to Killamarsh & Dinnington)

29A - will only run Rotherham-Harthill (ie not to Killamarsh and Halfway)

31 - increased frequency Meadowhall-Brinsworth-Rotherham

69 - minor route change

70 - Dore to Sheffield bus extended to Catcliffe via Arbourthorne, Manor Top and Handsworth

New buses

22M - Meadowhall-Rotherham replaces route 34

26/26A - circular route Crystal Peaks-Killamarsh-Kiveton/Harthill-Thorpe Salvin

71 Rotherham-Meadowhall via Canklow, Brinsworth and Sheffield Business Park

72 Sheffield-Parkway Industrial Estate-Handsworth-Brinsworth-Rotherham

72A evening and Sunday version of 72 that runs via Treeton

74 Sheffield-Attercliffe-Tinsley Park-Treeton-Aston-Todwick-Harthill

X55 Sheffield-Dinnington: peak hour only version of X5, uses A57 Aston-Dinnington.

22 and 22M run to Barnsley, PTE rushing things out before details are finalised.

X55 one trip each way

22M only partly replaces 34.

First Day Rotherham tickets reduced in price as of Monday 23rd June.

Link to summary of all changes

http://www.rotherhambuspartnership.co.uk/network-summary

Warning, the route map shown has numerous errors.

Edited by busdriver1