Fatality on train line between Chapeltown and Elsecar

Another incident on the line at Chapeltown within the last hour. The air ambulance helicopter landed on the Ranch cricket field. :sad:

Another incident on the line at Chapeltown within the last hour. The air ambulance helicopter landed on the Ranch cricket field. :sad:

I got overtaken by a Fire Engine at Park View Road as I was riding towards Chapeltown ....by the time I'd reached the Wagon and Horses , I looked left and could see 2 Fire Engines and Police Cars against the steps which go up to the Railway Station .

Edited by esme

Just come through Chap......pretty apocalyptic. 2 Fire Engines, 4 police cars, an ambulance and the air ambulance knocking around.

I've heard the rumours about what has happened, but not one for spreading stories.

It's very busy down there, avoid it if you can for next hour.

Jim

Mod Note

This thread has been closed until an official notification has been made to prevent forum users naming the person involved in this incident before the family has been notified.

If anyone knows of an official report of this incident please report this thread providing a link and the thread will be reopened.

Moderator Message:

Note to reporters suggesting supporting links. Unfortunately, the links only refer to there being delays...No specifics...I'm sure you will understand. If and when there is a link giving specific details, we will consider reopening the thread. Until such time, it will remain closed.

Many thanks

Pete