Fatality on train line between Chapeltown and Elsecar

Does anyone know anything about this? It happened yesterday lunchtime apparently.

a person was hit by a train but don't know if it was fatal

The train I was to have travelled on (the 1150 towards Leeds) was cancelled because there was a fatality. This was the reason given to me by the staff at Sheffield station. There was a shuttle bus from Meadowhall to Barnsley.

Some old guy wandered onto the track by mistake at the station.

I was walking near the old Chapeltown station near, just north of the current Asda one. The train was parked on the bridge and there were 12 emergency vehicles. Ambulance, paramedic, two network rail, police dogs and lots of police. Very sombre mood and no urgency, so I assumed it was a fatality. Haven't heard nothing on the news. I really believe that there is a news blackout on suicides, although I hope it wasn't.

The one consolation for the departed is they wouldnt have suffered, it would have been very quick. Unfortunately that wont be the same for the driver. I really feel for anyone who has to go through something like that.

My best wishes go out to all involved.

Some old guy wandered onto the track by mistake at the station.

how dreadful. poor old fella (and how horrendous for the train crew).

Haven't heard nothing on the news. I really believe that there is a news blackout on suicides, although I hope it wasn't.

Sadly these things are like car crashes, too regular to attract the media, unless there's something notable about the victim(s) or circumstances.

i heard it was young lad man of 45 from parson cross.think ,he jumped in front of train as it approached the bridge...what an horrible thing to happen...

Edited by jelly belly

yes just heard from parson cross.my heart goes out to his family its so upsetting.

Edited by jelly belly
name removed

Please edit and remove the name unless it has been released officially.

Steve is quite a common name, you know. Its hardly pinpointing an individual.

EDIT - ah, you were referring to his next post.