(Cheap) paper and crayons for brass rubbing

my 6 and 8 yo want to do some brass rubbing, we went to a "proper" art shop and they wanted £8 for 12 sheets of Pastel Paper and £4 ea for gold and silver crayons

anyone suggest a cheaper way to have a go at this please

Well, this supplier will send you 12 gold, silver and bronze crayons for brass rubbing for £3.25 including postage:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-SCOLA-METALLIC-CRAYONS-GOLD-SILVER-BRONZE-FOR-BRASS-RUBBING-EMBOSSING-CRAFT-/310629523473

and this company will send you 20m of 30cm wide paper on a roll to cut up and use as you see fit for £6.49 including postage:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Drawing-Paper-Roll-30cm/dp/B001BAJEXC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1383837385&sr=8-5&keywords=paper+roll+kids

and I'm sure you could find both cheaper if you look around and lining paper comes out cheaper than drawing paper, but the results you get on it wouldn't be as sharp.

thanks Medusa - we ordered the crayons (Amazon listed them too)

when they arrive we will experiment with different papers as we have lots already - the chap in the art shop said we needed a course textured paper (like Pastels paper) but you mentioning lining paper has got us thinking

Ikea have rolls of drawing paper for £3 each, 45cm by 30m long. Their code 803.240.72.

It's not as substantial as I remember lining paper to be, and the idea is to put it onto their "end-of-the-table" dispenser, 101.493.50 which looks to me as though it needs bolting-down or clamping in some way, but I could be wrong.