Could Sheffield Revive its manufacturing Glory

Germany..although it seems they even have them in the paint shop in Goodwood.

http://www.drivecult.com/features/inside-the-rolls-royce-factory-where-technology-meets-tradition

A typical Rolls Royce build starts when the bodies and panels arrive at the Goodwood factory from a plant in Bavaria. The first step is the paint shop, where each aluminium body gets a hand-sprayed coat of primer to ensure it reaches and protects all the places an automated spray robot can't reach. Then the colour is mixed. This may be a standard Rolls Royce colour, or a specific shade matched from fabric, a watch, a piece of jewellery, or even a family pet. The colour coat is then sprayed by robot to ensure an absolutely consistent and even coating. Two top clear coats are then applied, before the body is polished for four hours to ensure a deep, lustrous shine.

Do you read your own quotes.

A car is being hand-built in one station, with RR-monogrammed mats covering the precious paintwork, while alongside the station are purple BMW branded boxes containing parts from suppliers in custom

---------- Post added 15-08-2014 at 12:13 ----------

and did you seriously think they painted them with a paint brush.

Do you read your own quotes.

A car is being hand-built in one station, with RR-monogrammed mats covering the precious paintwork, while alongside the station are purple BMW branded boxes containing parts from suppliers in custom

---------- Post added 15-08-2014 at 12:13 ----------

and did you seriously think they painted them with a paint brush.

I presume you have a point somewhere. Like I said. The chassis is built in Germany. The engine is built in Germany. The suspension is built in Germany. The gearbox is built in Germany. The whole rolling chassis is assembled in Germany. All using robots

It is then shipped to the UK factory along with boxes of BMW parts that were made in Germany.

The UK factory then paints the thing largely using robots and a few craftsment trim it by hand, bolt on the outer panels and polish it.

So what's that got to do with Sheffield manufacturing? Is the polish made in Sheffield?

Well i for one know that all R R cars are custom made to the buyers specs, can you tell me with your wealth of information how do you make an engine using robots?

Well i for one know that all R R cars are custom made to the buyers specs, can you tell me with your wealth of information how do you make an engine using robots?

They do it pretty much like any other automated process. All the components are machined on fully automatic multi station machines. Most of the assembly is done by machines that fit the components together. I would have thought you would know that. But here's a video to show you as you clearly don't know much.

---------- Post added 15-08-2014 at 14:12 ----------

They do it pretty much like any other automated process. All the components are machined on fully automatic multi station machines. Most of the assembly is done by machines that fit the components together. I would have thought you would know that. But here's a video to show you as you clearly don't know much.

Here's one of them machining a crankshaft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81UjjSH2iFw

Thats not answering my question, which Rolls Royce engine is this?

Thats not answering my question, which Rolls Royce engine is this?

The question you asked was "can you tell me with your wealth of information how do you make an engine using robots?"

can you tell me with your wealth of information how do you make an engine using robots?

The video shows you. The process is used by all major manufacturers. BMW who make the BMW engines that are used in Rolls Royce cars are a major manufacturer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81UjjSH2iFw

These machines are years old, do these m/c sett themselves up, do they work themselves do they sharpen there own tools, and surely you are not trying to tell me that these are the finished object, There's alot more to it than that. two cylinder roller, are we talking Rolls Royce.