Why do posh people eat raw meat?

Why does it matter how someone else has their meat cooked posh or otherwise?

Because anyone cooking their steak well done should be shot.

jb

Does anyone made steak tartare by scraping the muscle off the sinew with a sharp blade, so you're left with just a scarlet mush on one hand, and stringy sinew on the other?

I thought that's how steak tartare was prepared, and mincing it was just to speed things up/reduce the price.

I ate steak tartare once. It turned me vegetarian for three months because the pasty feel and taste of cold raw uncooked ground flesh in my mouth was so disgusting.

I can eat seafood raw such as sashimi and oysters, but not meat. Steak I like medium rare so it's extremely cooked on the outside with all the nice flavours that produces, but still red and tender on the inside.

Because anyone cooking their steak well done should be shot.

jb

i do so like the "each to their own" mentality

---------- Post added 07-11-2013 at 17:24 ----------

That has always annoyed me about TV chefs, they never cook food properly. I like my food actually cooked.

But it is not me eating it, so it doesn't really matter.

i always think that about omelettes - i can't be doing with a runny one

That has always annoyed me about TV chefs, they never cook food properly. I like my food actually cooked.

or maybe they are the ones cooking it properly

Everyone likes their steak done to how they like it, some like it blacker than a witches heart, some just dipped in the pan and browned. It's an individual thing I like mine medium, so does the wife but we all differ.

I adore fish & eat loads, but never had sushi unsure if I could; it's just how we are; I love prawns but keep getting conflicting stories that I cannot have them, then they say I can, so I just have them if I fancy them.

just watching 'masterchef' michel la roux has just made summat with funny looking mushrooms and duck breast that looks like raw liver - mingin' - why doesn't he fry it a bit longer like ordinary people would?

Ordinary people don't cook duck for a long time.

---------- Post added 07-11-2013 at 20:04 ----------

Those chefs, who are professional cooks, they never cook thir meat properly do they?!?:roll:

Ordinary people don't cook duck for a long time.

If you've ever seen Man V Food, you'll see some of the meat on there the way they cook it looks gorgeous, I'm not advocating the size of their meals but the meat does look incredible.:)

If you've ever seen Man V Food, you'll see some of the meat on there the way they cook it looks gorgeous, I'm not advocating the size of their meals but the meat does look incredible.:)

I was in Texas this summer on business. I was treated to a ribeye like you've never seen before. It was 14 oz, 4inch thick, flame grilled and pink in the middle. They know how to cook meat in Texas!

I was in Texas this summer on business. I was treated to a ribeye like you've never seen before. It was 14 oz, 4inch thick, flame grilled and pink in the middle. They know how to cook meat in Texas!

Now that would be a treat in ANY meat lovers eyes

tonight, I had 2 small lamb chops, new potatoes, cabbage and lurpak. MMMMmmmmm - the chops were fried until the outside meat was brown, the fat was crispy and the flesh was JUST cooked. no pink.

I could've taken them out a few minutes ealier, the outside would be less caramalised, the fat would've been globby, and there would've been blood on the plate.

I'm a better cook cos I didn't

I eat rare steak and I love sashimi (Sushi is not just raw fish, it can be many different things). There is nothing wrong with it and there are certain benefits to not charcoaling your food.

Steak should be served as rare as possible and many people who are averse to eating it rare mistake the red juice as blood. Its not hemoglobin, its myoglobin which is in all muscle tissue we consume. We just don't notice it as its usually discoloured by the sauce, other fats or made into gravy.

Beef can be consumed rare because it posses relatively no danger to us as humans, while Chicken and pork should be well cooked. Lamb is generally OK to be pink and even Duck to an extent. Raw fish needs to be as fresh as possible and unfrozen to be consumed.